Alexander Emanuely (born December 17, 1973 in Innsbruck ) lives as a writer and intellectual in Vienna .
Alexander Emanuely studied political and theater studies at the University of Vienna and in 2002 presented his diploma thesis “ Avant-garde and its influence on political processes - using the example of the surrealist ”. His research focuses on the Viennese Jacobins , German-language exile literature from the time of National Socialism and the historical avant-garde. In addition, he is politically active in civil society and has been an active member of the Republican Club - New Austria since 1993 .
From 1995 to 1999 he was the editor of the e-zine CONTEXTXXI: Internetforum about Literature, Art & Society , where he mainly published essays by Bogdan Bogdanović on police violence in Austria, event and publishing programs and texts by various authors. In 1999 the internet project merged with the magazine ZOOM of the consortium conscientious objection and nonviolence in Vienna and the magazine Context XXI was created. Alexander Emanuely was managing editor of the magazine from 2001 to 2005.
In 2001 he was also a co-founder of the Austrian section of LICRA , of which he is chairman. From 2001 to 2006 LICRA Austria was the editor of Context XXI . In 2006 his historical novel for young people The Janissary appeared , which is about the sultans Nurbanu and Safiye and about life in the Balkans , in Istanbul and in Algiers in the 16th century. In addition to this youth novel, he has mainly published short stories in Context XXI and Zwischenwelt . Between 2006 and 2009 he was a research fellow at ESRA , where he and David Vyssoki worked on a study on the prevention of PTSD and the salutogenic factors in the life of severely traumatized people.
Emanuely lectured on Franz Hebenstreit in Vienna in 2010 and on Jura Soyfer in 2012 and 2013 . In 2013, he and Fritz Hausjell gave a lecture on the Association of Socialist Writers at the University of Vienna . In addition, he often worked in the performance area with artists such as Anna Mitterer or Thomas J. Jelinek , founder of the performance group NOMAD.theatre.
Since 2010 he has been working as a research assistant in the Theodor Kramer Society , where, among other things, he publishes the poetry series Nadelstiche and works as an editor for the magazine Zwischenwelt . He is currently publishing two volumes on the subject of avant-garde in the theorie.org series of the Schmetterling Verlag . In it he describes the development from Félix Fénéon via Dada to the Situationist International and records its revolutionary goals and origins in anarchism .
In 2018 he received a research grant from the City of Vienna and the Austrian Academy of Sciences for a book project on the development of the republican idea in Viennese Modernism as part of the Call Republic in Austria - Democracy in Vienna . The result was the documentary essay on Karl Colbert The Colbert example. Fin de siècle and republic , which will be released in autumn 2020.
- The Janissary. Memories of a warrior . G&G , Vienna 2006, ISBN 3-7074-0308-4 .
- Exit: Franz Hebenstreit . Provincial Library , Weitra 2010, ISBN 978-3-902416-42-1 .
- State of emergency. Jura Soyfers Transit. Provincial Library, Weitra 2013, ISBN 978-3-99028-184-0 .
- Avant-garde I. From the anarchist beginnings to Dada - or: against a conceptual arbitrariness. Butterfly Verlag, Stuttgart 2015, ISBN 978-3-89657-680-4 .
- Avant-garde II. From Surrealism to the Lettrists or anti-art and revolution. Butterfly Verlag, Stuttgart 2017, ISBN 978-3-89657-687-3 .
- The Colbert example. Fin de siècle and republic. A documentary essay. Verlag der Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft, Vienna 2020, ISBN 978-3-90160-285-6 . (will be released in autumn 2020)
- Siegfried's heads. Right-wing extremism, racism and anti-Semitism at the University of Vienna. Edited with Eva Krivanec . Context XXI 7-8 / 01-1 / 02, Vienna 2002.
- March. Literature & memory. A reader . Edited with Judith Goetz . Verlag der Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft, Vienna 2011, ISBN 978-3-901602-44-3 .
- Exile. Literature & memory. A reader . Edited with Judith Goetz and Thomas Wallerberger . Theodor Kramer Society, Vienna 2012, ISBN 978-3-901602-47-4 .
- Karl Ausch : When the banks fell. On the sociology of political corruption. Edited together with Brigitte Lehmann . With a foreword by Ferdinand Lacina . Theodor Kramer Society, Vienna 2012, ISBN 978-3-901602-51-1 .
- Willy Sales -Verlon: Even words have limits. Poems 1935–1993 . Edited with Konstantin Kaiser , Lydia Mischkulnig , Herbert Staud . Theodor Kramer Society, Vienna 2015, ISBN 978-3-901602-60-3 .
- Much Star Spirit - Modern Yiddish Poetry . A selection in adaptations by Marek and Lorenz Scherlag and Alfons Petzold . Edited with Evelyn Adunka and Judith Aistleitner. Theodor Kramer Society, Vienna 2017, ISBN 978-3-901602-72-6 .
- Arthur Rimbaud : The Thief of Fire . The enlightenments. A summer in hell. A heart under a cassock. Translated from the French by Josef Kalmer . With a foreword by Lydia Mischkulnig. Edited and with an afterword by Alexander Emanuely. Verlag der Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft, Vienna 2018 ISBN 978-3-901602-71-9
- Literature by and about Alexander Emanuely in the catalog of the German National Library
- Alexander Emanuely on Academia.edu
- Archive of Context XXI
- Archive of the intermediate world
- List of publications on the website of the University of Vienna
- ↑ Short biography - Alexander Emanuely. In: publizistik.univie.ac.at. Retrieved March 30, 2018 .
- ↑ a b Avantgarde II on theorie.org , accessed on June 16, 2016.
- ↑ a b Vienna Lectures on the website of the City of Vienna , accessed on May 21, 2016.
- ↑ John Labovitz's e-zine-list of October 9, 1995 , accessed November 28, 2016.
- ↑ Editorial. In: Context XXI. 1-2 1999 ( Memento from June 13, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on June 13, 2016.
- ↑ Editorial. In: Context XXI. 3-4 2001 ( Memento from June 13, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on June 13, 2016.
- ↑ LICRA. In: Context XXI. 5 2001 ( Memento of June 13, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on June 13, 2016.
- ↑ David Vyssoki, Alexander Schürmann-Emanuely, Katrin Draxl, Wilhelmine Schneebauer: Child Survivors of Nazi Persecution in Austria after 1945 - Mental Health Promotion for Severely Traumatized People. A study on the collection of resource-strengthening coping strategies. Edited by the ESRA Psychosocial Ambulance, Vienna 2008.
- ^ Authors on the theorie.org website , accessed on May 21, 2016.
- ↑ Sonata, 2008 on the website of the eMuseum / artothek des Bundes, accessed on June 15, 2016.
- ↑ Opening (City) Parcours ( Memento of the original from June 1, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on the pages of the Tanzquartier Wien , accessed on June 1, 2016.
- ↑ UNDERGROUND CITY 21 on the pages of the Nestroyhof Theater - Hamakom , accessed on June 1, 2016.
- ↑ Short bio: Alexander Emanuely on the website of the Theodor Kramer Society , accessed on June 13, 2016.
- ^ Book review of Avantgarde on Art, Spectacle and Revolution , accessed on June 15, 2016.
- ^ Anniversary of the Republic 2018 Vienna: 600,000 euros for the predetermined breaking point 1918 , press service of the City of Vienna, city hall correspondence, accessed on July 4, 2020.
- ^ Preview of the publishing house of the Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft , accessed on July 4, 2020.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schürmann-Emanuely, Alexander; Emanuely, Alexander S.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th December 1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||innsbruck|