Sidecar 01 to 03 (Timișoara tram)
|Sidecar 01 to 03|
|Manufacturer:||Temesvári Villamos Városi Vasút|
|Year of construction (s):||1914-1916|
|Gauge :||1435 mm ( standard gauge )|
The sidecar 01-03 the tram Timişoara were a small series of Hungarian tram - sidecar . The three cars were during the First World War in today Romania belonging city Timisoara , from 1922 they were called type I referred.
Due to the increasing number of passengers due to the war, the then Temesvári Villamos Városi Vasút (TVVV) built a trailer ( Hungarian : Pótkocsi ) of the type discussed here in their own workshops in 1914, 1915 and 1916 . They were added to the inventory with the company numbers 01, 02 and 03, the preceding 0 served to differentiate them from the Weitzer railcars with the numbers 1 to 17 . The cars 01 to 03 were the second type of sidecar in Timișoara after the Spiering horse-drawn tram cars from 1869 and supplemented the first-mentioned series. In 1919 they were then for a short time the only sidecars in stock - it was not until the first demotorized Weitzer type A multiple units , which also went into operation in 1919, that a second type of trailer was finally available again.
The cars 01, 02 and 03 were mainly used with the 26 type B cars, but it is not known whether they were also pulled by Weitzer railcars. From 1921 and 1922 respectively, the new D and DII railcars were also available as towing vehicles.
The sidecars 01 to 03 were the first self-made cars of the Timișoara tram, they established a long tradition that only ended in 1990 with the last Timiș 2 train built. As early as 1925, all three sidecars in this small series were taken out of service and later scrapped; they were replaced by the 14 type C sidecars built between 1922 and 1926 .
|Country||city||Delivery years||Number of pieces||numbering|
- 60 de ani de la înființarea tramvaiului în Timișoara, monograph 1869-1929 . Timișoara 1929.
- Vasile Deheleanu, Sabin Indrieşu: Monografia întreprinderilor electromecanice municipale Timişoara . Timișoara 1944.
- Dorin Sarca, Gh. Radulovici: Centenarul tramvaielor din Timișoara, monograph 1869-1969 . Timișoara 1969.
- 1869 −1994, 125 de ani de circulație cu tramvaiul în Timișoara, monograph . Timișoara 1994.
- Regia Autonomă de Transport Timișoara, 130 de ani de activitate, 1869–1999, monograph . Timișoara 1999.
- Mihály Kubinszky , István Lovász and György Villány: Régi Magyar Villamosok . Budapest 1999.