Christian Hirte (born May 23, 1976 in Bad Salzungen ) is a German politician ( CDU ) and was Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy in the Merkel IV cabinet from March 2018 to February 2020 . In this position he was also the Federal Government Commissioner for the new federal states until his resignation on February 8, 2020. He has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2008 and since 2014 one of the three deputy chairmen of the CDU Thuringia .
education and profession
After graduating from high school in 1994, Hirte did his community service and began studying law at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena in 1995 , which he completed in 2001 with the first state examination in law. During his studies from 1997 to 2001 he received a scholarship from the Konrad Adenauer Foundation . He then completed his legal clerkship and passed the second state examination in 2003.
Since 2004, Hirte has been a lawyer in the law firm Dr. Muth & Partner works in Fulda . In 2006/07 he worked as a lecturer in business law at the University of Fulda . In 2010 he obtained the title of specialist lawyer for tax law . The main focus of his legal work is advising and representing medium-sized companies.
Hirte joined the Junge Union (JU) in 1993 and the CDU in 1995. From 1999 to 2005 he was chairman of the JU Wartburgkreis. From 2003 to 2007 he was the first deputy state chairman of the JU Thuringia and from 2007 to 2009 treasurer of the JU Thuringia. After joining the CDU in 1995, Christian Hirte was a member of the board of the CDU Bad Salzungen from 1999 and chairman of the CDU Bad-Salzungen-Leimbach from 2005 to 2008. In his home country he was a member of the city council in Bad Salzungen from 2004 to 2009 and a member of the municipal council of Tiefenort from 2009 to 2014 . From 2011 to 2015, Hirte headed the State Committee on Energy and Sustainability of the CDU Thuringia. From 2006 to 2010 he was chairman of the Mittelstands- und Wirtschaftsunion (MIT) Eisenach-Wartburgkreis. From 2009 to 2019 he was a member of the Wartburgkreis district assembly and has been the district chairman of the Wartburgkreis CDU since 2010. From 2016 to 2018, Hirte was appointed by the district council as a member of the Bad Salzungen Clinic's supervisory board . In 2014 Hirte was elected one of the three deputy chairmen of the CDU Thuringia.
He was a full member of the Budget Committee and the Audit Committee of the Budget Committee and an alternate member of the Finance Committee . In the 18th electoral term he was chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group of the 4th committee of inquiry ( Cum / Ex committee of inquiry ) and a member of the federal financing committee . In the 17th electoral term, Christian Hirte was a member of the Committee on Tourism, the Committee on the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety and as a deputy member of the Defense Committee . In addition, in the 16th electoral term he was chairman of the CDU-CSU parliamentary group in the New Media subcommittee as well as committee member of the 2nd committee of inquiry into Hypo Real Estate (HRE), with Hirte representing the CDU-CSU parliamentary group.
In the Bundestag elections in 2009 , 2013 and 2017 , Christian Hirte won the direct mandate for the CDU in the Bundestag constituency of Eisenach - Wartburgkreis - Unstrut-Hainich-Kreis . From January 29, 2018 to March 14, 2018, he was one of the eleven deputy chairmen of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group responsible for business and energy, medium -sized businesses and tourism.
In the 19th German Bundestag , Hirte is deputy chairman of the Committee on Building, Housing, Urban Development and Local Authorities . He is also a full member of the Committee for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety . Hirte is represented as a deputy member in the Committee for Transport and Digital Infrastructure .
In the Merkel IV cabinet , Hirte became Parliamentary State Secretary in the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, where he succeeded Iris Gleicke as the Federal Government Commissioner for the new federal states . In 2018, he spoke out in favor of continuing the recognition of victims of the SED regime. He was also the Federal Government Commissioner for SMEs .
When Thomas Kemmerich (FDP) was elected Prime Minister of Thuringia on February 5, 2020 with the votes of the AfD parliamentary group , Hirte Kemmerich congratulated him on Twitter and called him a “candidate from the middle”. CDU and SPD politicians criticized Hirtes ’statement; some called for his resignation. On February 8, 2020, Hirte announced that he had asked for his dismissal at the “suggestion of the Chancellor”. On the same day, Chancellor Merkel proposed to the Federal President that Hirte should be dismissed from the office of State Secretary.
Hirte is a member of the non-partisan European Union Germany , which advocates a federal Europe and the European unification process. Since November 2018 he has been a board member of Gegen Vergessen - For Democracy . Since March 2019 he has been chairman of the German Unity Board of Trustees .
He is also an ambassador of the "Aktionnetzwerk Luther-Region eV" association and a member of the Lutherverein eV, the Bad Salzunger Kulturverein eV, the Friends' Association Point Alpha eV, the Association for the Promotion of Palliative Medicine at the Bad Salzungen Hospital eV, the Friends of the Dr. Sulzberger Association. Gymnasium, Bad Salzungen and in the Christian Democrats Initiative for Life .
Christian Hirte is married and has two daughters and a son. He is catholic .
- Website of Christian Hirte MdB
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Christian Hirte on parliamentwatch.de
- Shepherd, the Eastern Commissioner, surrenders post under pressure from Merkel. In: Welt online , February 8, 2020 (accessed on the same day)
- Homepage of the firm , last accessed on February 9, 2020.
- www.cdu-thueringen.de/der-landesvorstand , last accessed on February 9, 2020.
- Elections in Thuringia. Thuringian State Office for Statistics, accessed on September 29, 2017 .
- Election of the deputy group chairmen and the parliamentary managing directors. CDU / CSU parliamentary group, accessed on January 29, 2018 .
- German Bundestag - Biographies. Retrieved June 30, 2020 .
- Biography of the CDU / CSU members' website. CDU / CSU parliamentary group, accessed on March 27, 2018 .
- Christian Shepherd. Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, accessed on February 25, 2019 .
- spiegel.de: CDU politician Hirte is the Eastern Commissioner
- www.tagesspiegel.de March 17, 2018: What the new Eastern Commissioner thinks
- Vita - Christian Shepherd. Retrieved October 3, 2019 .
- zeit.de February 8, 2020: Boss issue
- Ostbeauftragter the federal government resigns by its own account. In: tagesschau.de. February 8, 2020, accessed February 8, 2020 .
- Eastern Commissioner Christian Hirte resigns after talking to Merkel. In: The world . February 8, 2020, accessed February 8, 2020 .
- Unsuccessful tweet: Eastern Commissioner Shepherd dismissed. In: Watson . February 8, 2020, accessed February 8, 2020 .
- Christian Hirte website of the Europa-Union Deutschland. Retrieved January 12, 2018
- Against forgetting - For Democracy eV voted. Against Forgetting - For Democracy eV, November 2018, accessed on November 22, 2018 .
- Shepherd takes over chairmanship of the German Unity Board of Trustees
- Vita - Christian Shepherd. Retrieved October 3, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 23, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||bad Salzungen|