Slama received his camera training at the Czechoslovak film and television studios in Prague. After emigrating in 1968 he studied from 1969 in West Berlin at the German Film and Television Academy (dffb) with Michael Ballhaus and Peter Stein .
From 1973 Slama shot over 80 feature and television films as a cameraman. a. with the directors Luc Bondy , Reinhard Hauff , Peter Stein , Philipp Kadelbach , Andreas Prochaska , Carlo Rola and Adolf Winkelmann . He also worked for Martin Scorsese with his mentor and friend Michael Ballhaus .
Parallel to his artistic work, he taught at the German Film and Television Academy , the University of Hamburg , the Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and the Hanover University of Applied Sciences . From 2010 Slama was Professor of Cinematography - Director of Photography for Feature Film at IFS Cologne and member of the German Film Academy . He died in October 2020 at the age of 74.
- 1978: Die Abfahrer - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 1979: Lots of Coal - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 1983: Schwarzfahrer - Director: Manfred Stelzer
- 1983: Super - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 1986: Triumph of Love - Director: Luc Bondy
- 1987: Das Treibhaus - Director: Peter Goedel
- 1988: The Last Temptation of Christ - Director: Martin Scorsese , Second Unit
- 1989: The Bodyguard - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 1989: Time and the Room - Director: Luc Bondy
- 1990: Tears came with the clowns - Director: Reinhard Hauff
- 1991: Nordkurve - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 1991: Tatort: Kinderlieb (TV series)
- 1994: Polizeiruf 110: Kiwi und Ratte - Director: Manfred Stelzer
- 1995: Polizeiruf 110: Über Gang - Directed by Manfred Stelzer
- 1995: Polizeiruf 110: Taxi to the bank - Director: Manfred Stelzer
- 1996: You Are Not Alone - The Roy Black Story
- 1996: The Last Courier (TV movie)
- 1997: Tatort: Dangerous Transmission - Director: Petra Haffter
- 1998: Edgar Wallace: The Scary Letters
- 2004: Engelchen flieg - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 2006: Tatort: Death from Africa - Director: Andreas Prochaska
- 2006: Contergan - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 2010: Die Hindenburg - Director: Philipp Kadelbach
- 2011: Traces of Evil: The Interrogation
- 2012: Traces of Evil: Angel of Revenge
- 2013: Our mothers, our fathers
- 2013: Traces of Evil: Magic Mountain
- 2014: The Pilgrim (TV two-part)
- 2014: Traces of Evil: Shame
- 2015: Traces of Evil: Love
- 2016: Young Light - Director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 2017: Traces of Evil: Desire
- 2018: Mackie Messer - Brecht's Threepenny Film
- 1981: German Film Prize Filmband in Gold - Best Camera Lots of money
- 1997: Grimme Prize with Gold - Best Camera The Last Courier
- 1998: German Camera Prize - The Last Courier
- 2007: Award as an honorary cameraman by the jury of the German Camera Prize
- 2011: Romy (TV Award ) in Gold - Best Cinematography TV Film for Traces of Evil
- 2011: German Television Award - Camera Die Hindenburg
- 2013: German Television Award - Camera Our mothers, our fathers
- 2017: Crime award for innovative filmmaking (“Roland” film award) - camera traces of evil
- Professors: Prof. David Slama: Camera - Director of Photography Feature Film. ifs - international film school cologne, archived from the original on August 5, 2016 .
- David Slama in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- David Slama at filmportal.de
- Award-winning cinematographer David Slama is dead. In: nau.ch . October 16, 2020, accessed October 16, 2020 .
- David Slama. In: deutsche-filmakademie.de . Retrieved November 30, 2019 .
- Roland Film Prize. In: tatort-eifel.de. Archived from the original on September 23, 2017 ; accessed on October 17, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German cameraman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 19, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Prague , Czechoslovakia|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 15, 2020|