|Art||Grape vine ( Vitis vinifera subsp. Vinifera )|
|List of grape varieties|
The variety was mentioned in Sion in 1313 as Vinum humanum and also as Humagny . Assumptions that it came to Switzerland via the Greek colony of Massilia (today's Marseille ) has been partially proven. José Vouillamoz recognized a genetic similarity between the Humagne Blanche variety and Colombaud , which is related to the father variety of the Swiss grape variety. The current vineyard area is 29.8 hectares (as of 2007, source: Office fédéral de l'agriculture OFAG)
The wines from Humagne Blanche are said to have health-promoting properties. It has been valued as an invigorating sick wine since the 12th century and the name Vinum humanum refers to it by name.
The golden yellow and long storable wine has a fragrant bouquet and the taste is reminiscent of flint . The variety is also used in the Valais glacier wine from the Val d'Anniviers south of Sierre . The low-yielding Humagne Blanche is described as one of the oldest Swiss grape varieties. It is quite susceptible to powdery mildew and raw rot , so that the already weak yields are also very variable in terms of quantity.
The Humagne Blanche belongs to a group of grape varieties that were able to hold onto the geographical island location of the Alpine regions of Italy and the Valais in Switzerland. The following varieties belong to this group:
- Red wine varieties: Bonda , Cornalin d'Aoste, Cornalin du Valais , Crovassa , Durize , Eyholzer , Fumin , Goron de Bovernier , Mayolet , Ner d'Ala , Petit-Rouge , Prëmetta / Prié rouge , Roussin , Roussin de Morgex , Vien de Nus , Vuillermin .
- White wine varieties: Completer , Himbertscha , Humagne Blanche, Lafnetscha , Petite Arvine , Planscher , Prié Blanc , Resi .
The variety is not related to the Petit-Rouge known in Switzerland under the name Humagne Rouge .
Synonyms: 5; Humagne, Humagne Blanche, Miousap, Miousat, Mioussat.
Colombaud is related to the father variety.
- Pierre Galet : Dictionnaire encyclopédique des cépages. Hachette, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-01-236331-8 .
- Jancis Robinson : The Oxford Wine Lexicon. 3rd, completely revised edition. Hallwag, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-8338-0691-9 .
- Humagne Blanche in the database Vitis International Variety Catalog of the Institute for Vine Breeding Geilweilerhof (English)
- Illustration of the Humagne Blanche
- Page no longer available , search in web archives: The Wine Year 2008 (PDF) ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Editor Office fédéral de l'agriculture OFAG
- accessed on March 9, 2017 Humagne Blanche in the database Vitis International Variety Catalog of the Institute for Grapevine Breeding Geilweilerhof (English)