Žbanić received her training at the Academy of Performing Arts in Sarajevo. In 1995 she went to the USA and worked as a puppet actress in the Bread and Puppet Theater . In 1997 she came back to Sarajevo and founded a film production company. She shot several art videos and documentaries herself, which were shown at the 2004 Documenta in Kassel . Her feature film debut Grbavica - Grbavica was awarded the 2006 Golden Bear at the International Film Festival in Berlin excellent.
In 2010 she received another invitation to the competition of the 60th Berlin Film Festival for her feature film Between Us Das Paradies (English-language festival title: On the Path ) . In the same year, at the Munich Film Festival , she received the Peace Prize of German Film - The Bridge, endowed with 10,000 euros, for this film, which was released in German cinemas on September 2, 2010 under the distribution title Between Us, Paradise .
On February 23, 2014, Žbanić received the KAIROS Prize 2014 at the Deutsches Schauspielhaus Hamburg .
Žbanić is a member of the movement Democracy in Europe 2025 (DiEM25) founded in 2016.
- 1998: Noć je. Mi svijetlimo (short film)
- 2000: Red Rubber Boots (short film)
- 2003: Images from the Corner (short film)
- 2005: Birthday (short film)
- 2006: Esma's secret - Grbavica
- 2010: Paradise between us (Na putu)
- 2013: For Those Who Can Tell No Tales
- 2014: Love Island
- 2020: Quo Vadis, Aida?
During the protests in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2014 , Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanović visited the city of Mostar . Žbanić criticized this visit as part of an interview for the H-ALTER portal and ended the interview with the words “Milanoviću, marš kući!”, Meaning “Milanović, march home!”. Her testimony was then quoted on the evening news of several Croatian TV channels.
- Alfred Toepfer Foundation FVS: Jasmila Zbanic - KAIROS Prize Winner 2014 ( Memento of the original from December 9, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed February 25, 2014
- Website of the DiEM25 movement
- Derk, Denis: Declaration on the common language of Croats, Serbs, Bosniaks and Montenegrins is adopted . In: Večernji list . March 28, 2017, ISSN 0350-5006 , p. 6–7 ( vecernji.hr [accessed on May 9, 2019] Serbo-Croatian: Donosi se Deklaracija o zajedničkom jeziku Hrvata, Srba, Bošnjaka i Crnogoraca .). (Archived on WebCite ( Memento from May 23, 2017 on WebCite ))
- 77th Film Festival: "Quo Vadis, Aida": Austrian co-production in the competition in Venice. In: Small newspaper . July 28, 2020, accessed July 28, 2020 .
- Austrian co-production is in competition at the Venice Film Festival. In: The press . July 28, 2020, accessed July 28, 2020 .
- Strah se seli u kosti krivaca. Redateljica Jasmila Žbanić, politolog Vedran Džihić, filozof Hrvoje Jurić, pisac i novinar Faruk Šehić, glazbenik Damir Imamović, activist Miodrag Dakić and analitičar Enver Kazaz za "H-Age" komentiraju bosanske prosvjede. In: Zeit Online. Udruga za nezavisnu medijsku kulturu, Zagreb, February 9, 2014, accessed on February 9, 2014 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original dated February 22, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bosnian director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19th December 1974|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sarajevo|