Joachim Wohlgemuth was the son of a carpenter and a seamstress . He attended school until 1947 and then was an errand boy for an agricultural buying and selling cooperative for two years and a construction worker and pioneer manager for a year . From 1950 to 1953 he attended the workers and farmers faculty in Potsdam ; This was followed by a study of philosophy at the University of Leipzig , which he graduated in 1958 with the degree of a diploma philosopher . He studied with Uwe Johnson . Then he was a cultural functionary, he was an employee of the council of the district of Waren (Müritz) and worked on the youth project " Friedländer Große Wiese ". From 1959 he lived as a freelance writer in Neustrelitz , Mecklenburg , most recently in Mirow.
Joachim Wohlgemuth was the author of short stories , novels , radio plays and television scripts . His works depict rural life in the GDR in a realistic way . Wohlgemuth achieved his greatest success with the youth novel Egon and the eighth wonder of the world , which is included in the so-called " arrival literature" and whose total circulation was more than 500,000 copies. He also wrote the script for the film adaptation of the novel . After the reunification in the GDR he published a number of detective novels .
In 1984 the film was made The Doll's House in Pinnow .
When working through the history of the Neubrandenburg Literature Center, it emerged that Wohlgemuth was cooperating with the Stasi. According to a study by the Berlin Germanist Christiane Baumann, he worked as an unofficial employee of "Paul" or "Paul Fiedler" for the MfS .
Joachim Wohlgemuth's grave is in the Carlshöhe forest cemetery in Neubrandenburg .
- Egon and the eighth wonder of the world , Berlin 1962
- Experiences of a curious person , Berlin 1962
- Engagement in Hullerbusch , Berlin 1969
- I am the father , Berlin 1977
- The doll house in Pinnow , Berlin 1983
- Bloody gravel , Berlin 1993
- The Jesewitz Affair , Neustrelitz 1995
- Halfway to happiness , Berlin 1996
- Brandzone , Berlin 1996
- Art Prize of the FDJ 1962
- Fritz Reuter Prize of the Neubrandenburg district (1962 and 1973)
- Patriotic Order of Merit in Gold (1984)
Notes / individual evidence
- Joachim Wohlgemuth. In: Every book is an adventure. An almanac, 40 years - Verlag Neues Leben. Editor Heiner Wolf. New Life Publishing House, Berlin (East) 1986, page 235.
- Joachim Wohlgemuth: Lecture hall 40, old university. (Memories of the Leipzig student days). In: Carsten Gansel (Ed.): At least live in knowledge - Notes on the work of Uwe Johnson. Federlese Verlag, Neubrandenburg 1991, pp. 103–117
- On the Stasi's lead tape ( memento from October 15, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Erika Becker: “With us, life is everywhere. And I write about it ” . Neubrandenburg 1988.
- Christiane Baumann: Literature Center Neubrandenburg 1971–2005. Robert Havemann Archive, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-938857-03-X .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 27, 1932|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Prenzlau|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 9, 1996|
|Place of death||Mirow|