Kai Wegner (born September 15, 1972 in Berlin-Spandau ) is a German politician ( CDU ) and has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2005 . He has also been state chairman of the CDU Berlin since May 2019 .
Life and work
After attending the Hans-Carossa-Oberschule in Berlin-Kladow (at that time still on Streitstrasse in Hakenfelde), Wegner did his military service from 1993 to 1994 and then completed an apprenticeship as an insurance salesman , which he finished in 1997. He then worked in sales for an insurance company until he switched to a medium-sized construction company as a project manager in public relations in 1999 . From 2001 to 2002 he was also a member of the management team. From 2002 to 2012 he worked as a freelance management consultant in Berlin . From 2017 to 2020 he was honorary president of the DLRG regional association in Berlin.
Kai Wegner is divorced and has two children.
Wegner joined the Junge Union (JU) and the CDU in 1989 . From 1990 to 1992 he was state chairman of the Schüler Union in Berlin and from 1994 to 1997 he was chairman of the JU district association Berlin-Spandau. After serving as deputy state chairman of the JU from 1994 to 1996, Wegner was finally state chairman of the JU Berlin from January 2000 to May 2003.
From 2000 to 2002 he was also deputy CDU state chairman in Berlin. In April 2005 he was elected chairman of the CDU district association Spandau. He had previously been deputy district chairman there since 1998. From December 2011 to December 2016, Kai Wegner was Secretary General of the CDU Berlin . Surprisingly, he made his position available as he did not want to stand in the way of Monika Grütters' desire for change. His successor in this position was Stefan Evers .
Since December 2017 Wegner was again deputy state chairman of the Berlin CDU and announced his candidacy for the state chairmanship in March 2019.
On May 18, 2019, he was finally elected state chairman to succeed Monika Grütter.
Wegner was a member of the district assembly of Berlin-Spandau from 1995 to 1999 and of the Berlin House of Representatives from 1999 to October 2005 . In the House of Representatives, he was deputy chairman from 2001 and from 2003 also economic policy spokesman for the CDU parliamentary group. In 2002 he ran unsuccessfully for the German Bundestag.
He has been a member of the German Bundestag without interruption since 2005 and was chairman of the Berlin regional group in the CDU / CSU parliamentary group for several years from 2009.
Kai Wegner is in the general election in 2009 as a candidate for the constituency of Berlin-Spandau-Charlottenburg North with 36.4% of the primary vote in the Bundestag drawn in.
Also in the general election in 2013 won Wegner the direct mandate of his constituency and moved with 39.2% of the primary vote in the Bundestag one.
During the 18th electoral term of the German Bundestag, Kai Wegner was a member of the Committee on the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety and commissioner for large cities in the CDU / CSU parliamentary group.
Wegner moved into the Bundestag via the state list.
In the 19th electoral term, Kai Wegner is chairman of the building, housing, urban development and municipalities working group of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group and thus also its spokesman for building policy.
- Website by Kai Wegner
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Kai Wegner on parliamentwatch.de
- MPs . In: German Bundestag . ( bundestag.de [accessed on August 12, 2018]).
- Stefan Alberti: Berlin's CDU: The general resigns . In: the daily newspaper . ( taz.de [accessed on January 3, 2017]).
- Evers: "I only thought about giving up briefly" . ( tagesspiegel.de [accessed on January 3, 2017]).
- Joachim Fahrun: Berlin's CDU Vice Kai Wegner officially confirms his candidacy for the state chairmanship. March 22, 2019, accessed on March 22, 2019 (German).
- Kai Wegner declares war on red-red-green. Tagesspiegel, May 18, 2019, accessed on May 18, 2019 (German).
-  ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from May 15, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Wegner, Kai Peter (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdA, MdB|
|DATE OF BIRTH||15th September 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin-Spandau|