Origin, school education and professional activity (1978 to 2009)
Tobias Hans grew up with his younger brother in a Catholic family. He is the older of two sons of the former CDU parliamentary group leader Peter Hans (1950–2007). After graduating from high school at the Christian von Mannlich-Gymnasium in Homburg in 1997 and subsequent civil service at the Psychosomatic Clinic in Münchwies, Hans studied business informatics , information science and English studies at the Saarland University from 1998 , but without obtaining a degree. In addition to his studies, he worked as a "student research assistant" at the Münchwies Psychosomatic Clinic until the end of 2005. In 2006 Hans was a research assistant in the CDU parliamentary group. From 2007 until his election to the Saarland state parliament in 2009, he was the personal advisor to the Saarland Minister for Justice, Labor, Health and Social Affairs, first to Minister Josef Hecken and then to his successor Gerhard Vigener .
When Tobias Hans became a personal advisor in the Saarland Ministry of Justice, Labor, Health and Social Affairs in 2007, he broke off his studies at Saarland University after 18 semesters.
Politics (since 1992)
Hans joined the Junge Union in 1992 , was chairman of the Junge Union Neunkirchen from 1999 to 2009 and has been a member of the CDU since 1994. Since 2001 he has been deputy chairman of the CDU city association in his home town of Neunkirchen. In 2007 he was elected deputy chairman of the CDU district association Neunkirchen, and on June 16, 2012 its chairman.
From 2004 Hans was a member of the city council of the district town of Neunkirchen and deputy chairman of the CDU parliamentary group. In the state elections on August 30, 2009 , he was elected to the Saarland state parliament in the Neunkirchen constituency. In the course of the early election on March 25, 2012 , he was able to defend his mandate and was promoted to parliamentary managing director within the CDU parliamentary group .
In the direct election of the district administrator in the Neunkirchen district on November 8, 2015, Hans ran for the CDU. He lost in a runoff election on November 22nd against Sören Meng ( SPD ). Two days later he was elected as the new parliamentary group leader of the CDU in the Saarland state parliament, succeeding Klaus Meiser .
Prime Minister of Saarland since March 2018
On March 1, 2018, he was elected Prime Minister of the Saarland with the vote of 40 members of parliament and thus succeeded Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer , who moved to federal politics as the new Secretary General of the CDU . The government he leads is supported by the coalition of CDU and SPD that has existed in Saarland since 2012.
Tobias Hans is the first prime minister in the history of the Saarland to be sworn in without an academic degree or professional training.
On October 19, 2018, Hans was elected as the new chairman of the CDU Saar with 96.4 percent of the votes at the 68th state party conference .
In the course of reporting on his upcoming election as Prime Minister of Saarland, irregularities were discovered in his curriculum vitae. Although he stated that he had dropped out of his studies, he concealed this on his own homepage. He also called himself an “information scientist” in one election. His status as a "research assistant" at the Psychosomatic Clinic , which was later described by a spokeswoman with the designation "student research assistant", was also unclear .
- Man Hans. Image , February 20, 2018, accessed December 3, 2018 .
- Hans im Glück - a new boss for Saarland. Hannoversche Allgemeine , February 19, 2018, accessed on February 24, 2018 .
- Prime Minister Tobias Hans. In: www.saarland.de. Retrieved March 4, 2018 .
- New head of government in Saarland: Hans should follow Kramp-Karrenbauer, n-tv.de
- Tobias Hans is supposed to lead the Saarland. RP-Online.de from February 20, 2018
- Nordwest-Zeitung :: Tobias Hans . In: NWZonline . ( nwzonline.de [accessed on March 2, 2018]).
- Daniel Kirch: Minister of Science without a university degree. In: Saarbrücker Zeitung . Retrieved February 28, 2018 .
- Profile Tobias Hans , Landtag of Saarland
- Kasia Hummel: Sören Meng is the new district administrator. SR , November 22, 2015, archived from the original on December 8, 2015 ; accessed on November 30, 2015 .
- Tobias Hans is the new parliamentary group leader of the CDU in the Saar state parliament. Saarbrücker Zeitung , November 24, 2015, accessed on November 24, 2015 .
- Michael Jungmann: Hans is to become Prime Minister of Saarland on March 1st. In: Saarbrücker Zeitung. Retrieved February 28, 2018 .
- Tobias Hans new state chairman of the CDU Saar CDU Saar October 19, 2018
- https://www.saarbruecker-zeitung.de/pDpolitik/themen/tobias-hans-ist-das-dorfgespraech_aid-7433131 , accessed on March 26, 2018.
- https://twitter.com/tobiashans/status/1047120265036075008 Tweet from October 5, 2018
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hans, Tobias Theodor (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 1, 1978|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neunkirchen|