Vincent Kokert (born April 6, 1978 in Neustrelitz ) is a German politician ( CDU ) and was state chairman of the CDU Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania . On January 31, 2020, he announced that he would retire from politics in March due to family reasons.
Life and work
Kokert graduated from school in 1994 with a middle school leaving certificate . He completed an apprenticeship as a car mechanic by 1998 and then completed further training as an “ Administrative Business Economist ( VWA )”. In 2006 he became managing director of "IBS-INERGY".
In 1997 he joined the CDU and the Junge Union and from 1999 he was active in the city council of Neustrelitz . He held numerous offices in local politics, was mayor of the city of Neustrelitz and district chairman of the CDU Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
In the state election in 2006 he lost his direct mandate. After Bernd Schubert, member of the state parliament, was appointed as the ombudsman of the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania on February 8, 2007, he moved up to the state parliament via the state list . In 2009 he was appointed acting general secretary and in November 2009 he was elected general secretary at the state party congress of the CDU Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania .
In the state elections in 2011 , Kokert received 27.4% of the votes in his constituency of Mecklenburg-Strelitz I and was thus defeated by Andreas Butzki (SPD, 33.2%), who stood for the first time . He moved back into the state parliament via the state list. On September 8, 2011, he was initially elected as the parliamentary manager of the parliamentary group, and on October 24th he became chairman of the parliamentary group.
In the state elections in 2016 , he received 22.6 percent of the vote in his constituency . He moved into the state parliament via the state list and was elected chairman of the CDU state parliament group.
On April 8, 2017, at the state party conference of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania CDU , Kokert was elected by 92.5 percent of the delegates as the new chairman after Lorenz Caffier announced his withdrawal. On March 3, 2020, he resigned his state parliament mandate. Daniel Peters moved up for him . His successor as parliamentary group leader was Torsten Renz .
- The state parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Manual. 5th electoral term 2006 - 2011 (PDF; 1.4 MB). 9th edition. State Parliament Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Schwerin April 2011, p. 30.
- Literature on Vincent Kokert in the Landesbibliographie MV
- Member of the parliament for the 7th electoral term on the website of the State Parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
- After resignation: Vincent Kokert is now taking off in business | Nordkurier.de. Retrieved June 10, 2020 .
- CDU parliamentary group Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: CDU parliamentary group - state parliament Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: board. Retrieved April 8, 2017 .
- CDU state association Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: CDU Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania :: state board. Retrieved April 8, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 6, 1978|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neustrelitz , GDR|