Peter Beuth (politician, 1967)
Peter Beuth (born December 3, 1967 in Cologne ) is a German politician ( CDU ) and member of the Hessian state parliament . Since 2014 he has been the Hessian Minister of the Interior and for Sport ( Bouffier II / Bouffier III cabinet ). Beuth had previously been General Secretary of the Hessian CDU since March 14, 2009 , elected at the state party conference in Marburg with 93.1%.
education and profession
After graduating from high school in 1988 at the IGS Obere Aar in Taunusstein , Beuth worked as a media planning assistant and studied law at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz . In 1997 he passed the first and in 2001 the second state examination in law. Peter Beuth has lived in Taunusstein since 1991. He is married and has two children.
Since joining the Junge Union Oberhausen in 1983 , Beuth has been politically active. In 1987 he became chairman of the JU Hohenstein , 1989 district chairman of the JU Rheingau-Taunus and from 1994 to 1998 a member of the state board.
After joining the CDU Hohenstein in 1987, Beuth held various offices in the CDU Rheingau-Taunus, most recently as deputy CDU district chairman (since 2000).
From 1993 to 2011 he was a member of the district council in the Rheingau-Taunus district, there from 1997 to 2006 deputy parliamentary group chairman and school policy spokesman for the CDU district parliamentary group.
From 1997 to 2009 and 2011 to 2012 he was city councilor in Taunusstein, and from 2004 to 2008 parliamentary group leader of the CDU Taunusstein.
From 2006 to 2011 he was district council chairman in the Rheingau-Taunus district.
From 2006 to 2014 he was a member of the regional assembly in South Hesse .
From 2011 to 2014 he was an honorary member of the district council in the Rheingau-Taunus district.
Since the local elections in 2016 , he has again performed an honorary mandate in the Rheingau-Taunus district council.
As a member of the Hessian state parliament
Since the state elections in Hesse in 1999, Peter Beuth has been a directly elected member of the constituency 29 - Rheingau-Taunus II of the Hessian state parliament. In the state parliament, Peter Beuth was able to do his practical work in the past election periods in the legal committee, in the cultural policy committee, in the petitions committee as well as CDU chairman in the study commission "Demographic change" in different departments. He was previously the legal and domestic policy spokesman for the CDU parliamentary group, chairman of the committee of inquiry 18/1 (the committee of inquiry into the so-called tax investigator affair). He has the committees of inquiry 18/2 (a committee of inquiry to examine the appointment of a police chief, the so-called police chief affair) and 18/3 (a committee of inquiry to examine the financial support of the European Business School by the state government and the financial conduct of the European Business School) each headed as chairman. In the final report, Peter Beuth was able to represent the position of the state government in all investigative committees.
As Secretary General
As part of the formation of a CDU-led state government for the state elections in Hesse in 2009 , Peter Beuth was proposed as Secretary General of the CDU Hesse and elected at the state party conference in March 2009 with 93.1% of the vote. He was confirmed in office at the 2012 party conference in Darmstadt.
As Secretary General Beuth organized the Hessian election campaign in 2013. After the state elections, from which the CDU emerged as the strongest force with an increase in votes, he coordinated the coalition talks for the CDU Hesse , which ended with the first black-green state government in an area.
As Hessian Minister of the Interior and for Sport
Due to the increasing number of attacks on unskilled workers, Beuth started the “protective loop” initiative. The red-white-blue ribbon is intended to express solidarity with the fire brigade, rescue service and police forces.
At the beginning of 2018 he was appointed by the Federal Council as Commissioner for the Council for Justice and Home Affairs of the European Union.
Beuth spoke out in favor of the acquisition and introduction of the “anti-terror” software Gotham from the US manufacturer Palantir , operated as “Hessendata”. Until the beginning of 2019, an investigative committee in the Hessian state parliament dealt with the question of whether the contract award to Palantir was illegal. The system has been criticized because it is in conflict with the right to informational self-determination as part of the general right of personality (GG Article 2 paragraph 1 in conjunction with GG Article 1 paragraph 1). For critics, especially the mass data evaluations before the central purpose limitation principle is problematic. On June 8, 2019, he was awarded a Big Brother Award for the second time for “Hessendata” , because Hesse is thus taking another big step towards the “control and surveillance state”. In addition, the American company was given access to the highly sensitive data network of the Hessian police .
- Hessian Ministry of the Interior and for Sport: CV of Peter Beuth , accessed on November 14, 2019
- Rheingau-Taunus-Kreis: Fractions. Retrieved January 23, 2018 .
- Board of Directors . In: Christian Democratic Union of Germany . ( cdu.de [accessed December 10, 2016]).
-  Press statement by Peter Beuth on the current status of the coalition negotiations, dated December 3, 2013
-  Press statement by Prime Minister Volker Bouffier on the signing of the 2013 coalition agreement, heard on January 23, 2014
- Hessian Ministry of the Interior and for Sport: Solidarity with the emergency services - protective loop
- Peter Beuth - About me. Retrieved January 23, 2018 .
- Interior Minister Peter Beuth: With hessenDATA we ensure that the Hessian police can link existing information quickly and correctly. Retrieved October 3, 2019 .
- Guest post : Big data at the police: Hessen looks for threats with Palantir software. In: netzpolitik.org. June 3, 2019, accessed on October 3, 2019 (German).
- Cheating in procurement ?: Interior minister because of analysis software under pressure . ISSN 0174-4909 ( faz.net [accessed October 3, 2019]).
- Rolf Gössner : BigBrotherAwards laudation: Authorities and administration: Peter Beuth, Hessian Minister of the Interior . ( bigbrotherawards.de [accessed on June 13, 2019]).
- "Big Brother Award": Data protection negative price for Hesse's interior minister . ISSN 0174-4909 ( faz.net [accessed June 10, 2019]).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||3rd December 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|