Michael Stübgen (born October 17, 1959 in Lauchhammer ) is a German politician ( CDU ). Since November 16, 2019, he has been state chairman of the CDU Brandenburg and since November 20, 2019, he has also been the interior minister of the state of Brandenburg and first deputy prime minister in the Woidke III cabinet . He was a member of the German Bundestag from 1990 to 2019 . Stübgen was Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister of Food and Agriculture in the Merkel IV cabinet from 2018 to 2019 . Before that, he had headed the European Union Affairs working group of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group since 2005 .
Life and work
Michael Stübgen attended the Polytechnic High School (POS) in Lauchhammer, in Herzberg (Elster) and in Zahna . From 1976 to 1978 he did an apprenticeship as a construction worker. He then attended the Protestant Church Proseminar in Naumburg / Saale , where he graduated from high school in 1981 . Since his father was imprisoned in a labor camp and his brother in prison for fleeing the republic, he was unable to study at a university. Stübgen completed a degree in Protestant theology in Berlin and Naumburg , which he completed in 1987 with the first theological exam. After the vicariate he also passed the second theological exam in 1989 and was ordained pastor in the Evangelical Church of the ecclesiastical province of Saxony and sent to the parish of Großthiemig / Brößnitz and Hirschfeld .
Michael Stübgen is married and has three children. He lives in Finsterwalde .
Stübgen joined the CDU in February 1990 and has been a member of the CDU state executive in Brandenburg since 1998 . From 2001 to 2005 he was also deputy CDU state chairman. Since 1999 he has also been chairman of the CDU district association Elbe-Elster and was last re-elected on January 19, 2018 with 89.74%. The regional assembly of representatives of the CDU Brandenburg elected Michael Stübgen on March 2, 2013 as the top candidate of the CDU Brandenburg for the federal election on September 22, 2013.
After Ingo Senftleben's resignation , Stübgen took over the post of Brandenburg state chairman of the CDU on September 10, 2019. At the same time, the state executive of the CDU Brandenburg commissioned Michael Stübgen to lead exploratory talks to form a government coalition in the state. On November 16, 2019, the state party conference of the CDU Brandenburg elected Michael Stübgen as the 13th state chairman of the CDU Brandenburg.
Stübgen was a member of the German Bundestag from 1990 to 2019 and from 1994 to 1998 Deputy Chairman of the Bundestag Committee for European Union Affairs. From 1998 he was chairman of the Brandenburg regional group in the CDU / CSU parliamentary group . From 2005 to 2018 Michael Stübgen was also the European policy spokesman for the CDU / CSU parliamentary group and chairman of the parliamentary group's working group on European Union affairs . From October 2011 to March 2018, Stübgen was also a deputy member of the budget committee of the German Bundestag and from January 2014 to March 2018 the German Bundestag was elected as a deputy member of the body in accordance with Section 3 (3) of the Stabilization Mechanism Act (special committee). Stübgen was also a member of the joint committee in accordance with Article 53a of the Basic Law until March 2018. Since March 14, 2018, Stübgen was Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Minister for Food and Agriculture.
In 1990, Stübgen was directly elected member of the Bundestag election ( Bundestag election on December 2, 1990 ) for the constituency of Bad Liebenwerda - Finsterwalde - Herzberg - Lübben - Luckau and in 1994 , 1998 , 2002 and 2005 he was always elected to the Bundestag via the Brandenburg state list. In the Bundestag election on September 27, 2009 , Stübgen again won the direct mandate in the Elbe-Elster / Oberspreewald-Lausitz II constituency (constituency 66), the first direct mandate for the CDU in Brandenburg since 1990. Michael Stübgen defended the direct mandate in the Bundestag elections on May 22nd. September 2013 (40.9%) and on September 24, 2017 (29.5%) and won the Bundestag constituency 65 Elbe-Elster / Oberspreewald-Lausitz II.
After moving to the Brandenburg state government, he resigned his mandate on December 2, 2019 and left the Bundestag. Saskia Ludwig moved up for him . At the time of his departure, he was the only East German - apart from Angela Merkel - who had been a member of the Bundestag without interruption since 1990. He had already given up his position as State Secretary when he was appointed Minister of the Interior.
- Cabinet Merkel IV ( Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister for Food and Agriculture ; 2018 to 2019)
- Cabinet Woidke III (Minister of the Interior and for Local Affairs and Deputy to the Prime Minister of Brandenburg; from 2019)
On March 20, 2013 Michael Stübgen received the Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon.
- Michael Stübgen's website
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Michael Stübgen on parliamentwatch.de
- New government: On the home straight - Kenya in Brandenburg wants to start in November. November 3, 2019, accessed November 5, 2019 .
- New state government constituted under the leadership of Prime Minister Woidke. Retrieved November 20, 2019 .
- Benjamin Lassiwe: Michael Stübgen: A pastor becomes party chairman. In: Herder Korrespondenz , vol. 93 (2019), issue 11, p. 8.
- CDU district association Elbe-Elster . In: CDU district association Elbe-Elster .
- "The day of Brandenburg's top candidates" in Lausitzer Rundschau , March 4, 2013
- German Bundestag - Retired members of the 19th electoral term. In: bundestag.de . Retrieved December 3, 2019 .
- Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture: Uwe Feiler is the new Parliamentary State Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture. December 3, 2019, accessed December 3, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th October 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lauchhammer|