Life and work
After graduating from Christian-Gymnasium in Hermannsburg , Otte went to the German Armed Forces and trained as a reserve officer with Panzer Battalion 333 in Celle. He then completed an apprenticeship as a banker at Sparkasse Celle and completed a law degree at the University of Hamburg as bac. iur. from. Otte was employed by Sparkasse Celle and most recently worked as an authorized signatory in a medium-sized steel construction company.
Henning Otte is a Protestant , married and the father of four children.
Otte joined the CDU in 1994 and has been a member of the board of the CDU district association in Celle since 1999, as chairman since 2011. From 2006 to 2011 he was a member of the board of the European People's Party (EPP) and since 2007 he has been the deputy chairman of the CDU district association of Northeast Lower Saxony. From 2014 to 2016 he was a member of the presidium of the CDU Lower Saxony, and since 2017 a member of the state board. Since 2016 he has been a member of the CDU's federal executive committee as a member representative.
In 2005 he became a member of the German Bundestag , which he entered via the Lower Saxony state list . In 2009 he got the direct mandate in the Celle – Uelzen constituency with 44.2 percent of the first votes. In 2013 he was directly re-elected to the German Bundestag with 48.5% of the first votes. In 2017 he was re-elected directly to the Bundestag with 42.7% of the first votes in the Celle-Uelzen constituency.
He is a full member of the Defense Committee and a deputy member of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the German Bundestag. Since January 2014 he has been chairman of the defense working group of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group and thus its defense policy spokesman.
Henning Otte has been a member of the Franco-German Parliamentary Assembly since 2019 .
Otte is deputy district administrator of the district of Celle.
Activities in arms-political organizations
Otte was Vice President of the German Defense Association until 2017 and is a member of the Presidium of the German Army Support Group . Otte only disclosed these secondary activities when asked by journalists. According to lobby control , these organizations serve the arms lobby as a network for maintaining contacts and mediating interests in the German Bundestag.
- Website from Henning Otte
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Henning Otte on parliamentwatch.de
- "About me" at henning-otte.de, accessed on November 30, 2018
- https://www.abektivenwatch.de/profile/henning-otte/archive/133605 Profile on Abhabenwatch, accessed on November 30, 2018
- Henning Otte from Eversen sets the tone in the federal policy cellesche-zeitung.de from September 26, 2017, accessed on November 30, 2018
- Profile on the CDU board, accessed on November 30, 2018
- Members of the Defense Committee ( Memento from May 18, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) bundestag.de , online, accessed on September 18, 2014
- Press release of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group of January 13, 2014, accessed on March 6, 2014
- Lobby control : Selected voluntary sideline activities of members of the Bundestag in arms-political organizations , from October 15, 2014
- Friday : Well equipped , August 11, 2014
- Lobby control: Questionable honorary positions: The armaments lobby in the Bundestag. Defense policy spokesman Otte only discloses secondary employment on request , from August 14, 2014
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Otte, Henning Rudolf Helmut|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 27, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Celle|