Criminal Intent - crime in sight
|German title||Criminal Intent - crime in sight|
|Original title||Law & Order: Criminal Intent|
|Country of production||United States|
Universal Television (seasons 1 to 6) ,
Universal Cable Productions (from season 6)
|length||about 45 minutes|
|Episodes||195 in 10 seasons ( list )|
|genre||Crime series , drama|
John L. Roman
|First broadcast||September 30, 2001 (USA) on NBC|
|August 2nd, 2004 on VOX|
Criminal Intent is an American television series that started in 2001 and ended in 2011 and is an offshoot of Law & Order . It was broadcast in the USA by NBC (seasons 1–6) and USA Network (seasons 7–10), in Germany by VOX and in Austria by ORF , as well as on German-language pay television by 13th Street Universal .
|"In New York City's war on crime, the worst criminal offenders are pursued by the detectives of the Major Case Squad. These are their stories."||German: “In New York City's fight against crime, the worst offenders are hunted down by the detectives of the Major Case Squad. These are their stories. "|
Every episode of Criminal Intent begins with these introductory words, spoken by Randolf Kronberg in the German TV version (by Steven Zirnkilton in the original US version ) . The series describes the psychological background of the crime and the work of a police team including a profiler . Major Case Squad cops don't come into action until after the opening credits, the prosecution's work being an extremely minor part of the series, especially after Courtney B. Vance left the show as Ron Carver after the fifth season.
At the beginning of the sixth season there were numerous changes in the cast of Criminal Intent . Courtney B. Vance left the series and Nona Gaye was to replace him as district attorney. Shortly after filming began in her role as Deputy District Attorney Patricia Kent, she got out of the series again; The reason for this should have been artistic differences. Her role was then filled with Theresa Randle , who ultimately only appeared in two episodes. Jamey Sheridan also left the series, Eric Bogosian took over as Captain Daniel Ross to lead the Major Case Squad. Megan Wheeler ( Julianne Nicholson ) became the new partner at Detective Mike Logan's ( Chris Noth ) side after his first partner Carolyn Barek ( Annabella Sciorra ) left the series.
With the beginning of the seventh season Alicia Witt temporarily became the new partner of Chris Noth, because Julianne Nicholson was pregnant. From the 12th episode of the seventh season, Julianne Nicholson was seen again as a partner of Chris Noth.
With the beginning of the eighth season, Jeff Goldblum was the new lead actor. Chris Noth left the Law & Order franchise after five years (1990–1995) at Law & Order and three years (2005–2008) at Criminal Intent . The reason was his fee , which did not meet his wishes.
In the ninth season premiere, the characters Goren, Eames and Ross were written from the series. This premiere consists of two parts, with Captain Ross being shot in the first part. In the second part Goren was fired and Eames resigned because she did not want to continue working without Goren. The writing out of the three characters took place for financial reasons on the part of the station USA Network .
On September 21, 2010, USA Network extended the series by an eight-part tenth and final season, which aired from May 1 to June 26, 2011. For this season Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe returned in their old roles.
Main and supporting actors with roles, appearances and dubbing voices
|rank||Role name||actor||Main or
|Reason for exit|
|Det.||Robert Goren||Vincent D'Onofrio||1-9, 10||1-173, 188-195||Christian Weygand||Dismissed from the police force, but returns later|
|Det.||Alexandra Eames||Kathryn Erbe||1-9, 10||1-173, 188-195||Alexandra Ludwig||left the police force but returned later|
|Capt.||James Deakins||Jamey Sheridan||1-5||1-111||Leon Rainer||retired|
|ADA||Ron Carver||Courtney B. Vance||1-5||1-111||Dietmar miracle||no more mention|
|Det.||Mike Logan||Chris Noth||4, 5-7||79, 90-154||Tom Vogt||retired|
|Det.||Carolyn Barek||Annabella Sciorra||5||91-111||Martina Treger||offset|
|Det.||Megan Wheeler||Julianne Nicholson||6-8||113-133, 145-169||Bianca Krahl||on parental leave|
|Det.||Nola Falacci||Alicia Witt||7th||135-143||Stephanie waiter||Relieved by Det. Wheeler again, goes to the FBI in Quantico|
|Capt.||Danny Ross †||Eric Bogosian||6-9||112-172||Joachim Tennstedt||shot in undercover operation|
|Det.||Zach Nichols||Jeff Goldblum||8-9||157-187||Arne Elsholtz||-|
|Det.||Serena Stevens||Saffron Burrows||9||173-187||Katrin Zimmermann||-|
|Capt.||Zoe Callas||Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio||9||174-187||Katharina Koschny||-|
|Capt.||William Hannah||Jay O. Sanders||10||188-195||Thomas Rauscher||-|
|Psy.D.||Dr. Paula Gyson||Julia Ormond||10||189-195||Christin Marquitan||-|
|ME||Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers||Leslie Hendrix||1-10||4-193||Bettina Kenter||-|
|Psy.D.||Dr. Emil Skoda||JK Simmons||1||12||Walter von Hauff||-|
|-||Nicole Wallace||Olivia d'Abo||2, 4-7||25, 45, 70, 90,
100, 133, 155
|Andrea Solter||was murdered by Goren's mentor, Declan Gage|
|Det.||G. Lynn Bishop||Samantha Buck||3||50-56||Claudia Lössl||replaced by Det. Eames|
|ADA||Patricia Kent||Theresa Randle||6th||112, 118||Sandra Schwittau||no more mention|
- ↑ The rank within the police station or the public prosecutor's office and the medical practitioner that the represented figure has.
|ADA||Assistant District Attorney|
|Psy.D.||Doctor of Psychology|
The first three seasons were first broadcast in Germany between August 2004 and December 2005 by VOX , always on Mondays. The fourth season, which was first broadcast on the same slot between February and October 2006, was interrupted by a summer break in June and July. Repetitions were broadcast during the breaks and on Wednesdays. The fifth and sixth seasons premiered on Wednesdays at 8:15 p.m. in November 2006. The seventh season with all 22 episodes was broadcast by VOX from October 1, 2008 to April 1, 2009.
In the US, the start date for the eighth season has been postponed from November 7, 2008 to April 19, 2009. In Germany, the eighth season was from November 14, 2009 to March 24, 2010, as usual, on Wednesdays on VOX. The ninth season started with a double episode on November 10, 2010 and ran on Wednesdays at 8:15 pm. From January 3, 2011, the new episodes ran on Mondays at 9:15 p.m.
- After four seasons, none of the main actors had been replaced, something none of the Law & Order series had managed to do before.
- In the fifth season, Annabella Sciorra and Chris Noth (in his role as Mike Logan from the mother series Law & Order) joined in to relieve Vincent D'Onofrio , who had collapsed on the set in late 2004. Sciorra starred in 12 of the season's 22 episodes; Noth appeared in a total of 36 episodes, which were spread over the fifth, sixth and seventh season.
- Actress Kathryn Erbe's pregnancy was built into the plot by having her character carry a child for her sister. It therefore did not appear at all or only briefly over several episodes. Goren was assigned as a partner for seven episodes Detective G. Lynn Bishop ( Samantha Buck ).
- Courtney B. Vance played a different role in each of the first and fifth seasons of the mother series Law & Order .
- Eric Bogosian was already involved in the mother series Law & Order in 1992 , but in a different role (as lawyer Gary Lowenthal in episode 3x02).
- The French broadcaster TF1 acquired the rights to a national version of the television series set in Paris . The role of the main actor was taken over by Vincent Perez . In Germany, the series was broadcast under the title Law & Order Paris from January 28, 2011 on ZDF .
- The first six seasons of the series were premiered by the US broadcaster NBC . When the ratings dropped there, however, the series first aired on the USA Network cable channel at the beginning of season seven . This also belongs to the NBC network.
- In Criminal Intent occurs Fred Thompson on in his well-known Original Series role as District Attorney Arthur Branch in the double episode of season five.
- In the parent series Law & Order , time and place information is repeatedly faded in during the episodes. In Criminal Intent , this information can only be seen in seasons 1 to 5 and 9.
- In season 9, the old theme music was used again for the German broadcast, while the theme music that was changed from season 7 was continued to be used in the original US broadcast. In Germany, the changed title music (originally for Law & Order: Trial by Jury ) was only used for the 8th and 10th season (but in a cut version).
- Jay O. Sanders played the lead role Capt. William Hannah . In 2001 he had already taken on the role of Harry Rowan in the episode The Sixth Plague (2x01) .
- As a result, 7x12 bomb story , there is a crossover with the series In Plain Sight . The main character Inspector Mary Shannon , played by Mary McCormack , appears in one scene . The story of this episode refers to the backstory of the series In Plain Sight .
|DVD name||Region 1 ( USA / Canada )||Region 2 ( UK )||Region 2 ( Germany )||Region 4 ( Australia )|
|Criminal Intent - Crime in Sight - Season 1||October 21, 2003||February 28, 2005||May 29, 2008 (1st part)
July 24, 2008 (2nd part)
|January 20, 2005|
|Criminal Intent - Crime in Sight - Season 2||December 12, 2006||July 17, 2006||May 7th, 2009 (1st part)
September 10th, 2009 (2nd part)
|March 7, 2006|
|Criminal Intent - Crime in Sight - Season 3||September 14, 2004||April 13, 2009||July 22nd, 2010 (1st part)
October 7th, 2010 (2nd part)
|June 3, 2009|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Season 4||November 24, 2009||December 28, 2009||May 7th, 2015 (1st part)
September 17th, 2015 (2nd part)
|December 2, 2009|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Season 5||May 18, 2010||August 16, 2010||N / A||September 29, 2010|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Season 6||June 28, 2011||December 6, 2011 (France)||N / A||N / A|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Season 7||June 26, 2012||April 24, 2012 (France)||N / A||N / A|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Season 8||N / A||N / A||N / A||N / A|
- Criminal Intent - Crime in the sights in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- USA Network official website
- Series information on VOX
- ↑ quotemeter.de : Chris Noth puts an end to it. , June 27, 2008 (accessed December 28, 2013)
- ^ A b bill Gorman: USA Renews Law & Order: Criminal Intent for 10th and Final Season; Vincent D'Onofrio to Return . TV By the Numbers. 21st September. Retrieved September 21, 2010.
- ↑ Bill Gorman: USA Network Launches New Seasons Of “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” & “In Plain Sight” On May 1 . February 3, 2011. Archived from the original on February 5, 2011.