Franz-Josef Holzenkamp (born January 8, 1960 in Altenoythe ) is a German politician ( CDU ). He has been President of the German Raiffeisen Association since July 2017 . On October 31, 2019, he was also elected President of the German Cooperative and Raiffeisen Association (DGRV).
Life and work
After completing secondary school , Holzenkamp completed an apprenticeship as an industrial clerk at Siemens in Friesoythe , which he completed in 1980. He then attended the business school in Cloppenburg and graduated from high school in 1983 . He then completed an apprenticeship as an agricultural master and has been an independent farmer ever since.
Holzenkamp was chairman of the Cloppenburg district association from 1993 to 2006 and vice-president of the Lower Saxony rural people from 2002 to 2013 . He has been President of the German Raiffeisen Association since July 2017 .
Franz-Josef Holzenkamp has been married since 1984 and has four children.
Holzenkamp joined the CDU in 1996. Since July 2008 he has been chairman of the CDU district association in Cloppenburg. On April 25, 2009, the state party conference in Oldenburg elected him as the state chairman of the CDU regional association in Oldenburg.
In the 2009 Bundestag election he received 62.3% of the first votes and since Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg's departure from the Bundestag he was the member with the highest number of first votes. In the 2013 Bundestag election, he was re-elected to the Bundestag with the best nationwide first vote result with 66.3%. Holzenkamp was a full member of the Bundestag Committee on Food and Agriculture .
He was chairman of the working group on food and agriculture of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group.
Holzenkamp is Chairman of the Supervisory Board at AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG and a member of various LVM committees .
On September 29, 2016, Holzenkamp announced that for health reasons he would not run again in the next federal election.
PETA complaint against Holzenkamp
In October 2016, the animal welfare organization PETA published film recordings from pig stalls owned by agricultural officials and CDU politicians Holzenkamp, Josef Rief and Johannes Röring , or from stables in which they were involved. The recordings showed pigs with huge umbilical hernias and bloody stumps of their tails. Other pigs coughed, hobbled, or barely got up. Dead and rotting pigs lay in the aisles. PETA filed charges against all three of them for violating the Animal Welfare Act . In 2016, Holzenkamp admitted problems in his stable because he could not completely prevent joint inflammation or tail biting. Animal Rights Watch had previously denounced the conditions in Holzenkamp's stable. The responsible district had already checked the Holzenkamp stable at the end of September 2016. The district employees rated the condition of the stable as "generally good", but asked for some improvements in writing.
Potential Conflicts of Interest
During the discussion about a new fertilizer ordinance to curb the nitrate pollution of the groundwater through excessive use of liquid manure , Franz-Josef Holzenkamp is said to have spoken out in the committee discussions in 2016 and 2017 strictly against tightening the limit values recommended by scientists. At the same time, Holzenkamp was chairman of the supervisory board of Agravis AG , one of the largest traders of agricultural goods in Germany, and a. also of fertilizers. His monthly salary there is said to have been increased from € 7,000 to € 15,000 during the negotiation period for the slurry ordinance on June 1, 2016. When asked about these numbers, Holzenkamp replied that he “couldn't understand” them.
- Website of Franz-Josef Holzenkamp
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Franz-Josef Holzenkamp on abgeordnetenwatch.de
- Members of the Committee on Food and Agriculture ( Memento of the original from April 27, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. bundestag.de , online, accessed September 18, 2014
- Holzenkamp is not running again for the Bundestag , NWZ Online from September 30, 2016
- CDU politicians are said to be cruel to animals, Der Spiegel from October 7, 2016
- New videos: Peta files criminal charges against Holzenkamp, Röring and Rief top agrar online on October 7, 2016
- Agravis AG: Agravis fertilizer products. Retrieved April 29, 2019 .
- Purchased agricultural policy? . tagesschau.de, April 28, 2019
- Jan Grossarth: Lobbyism - Well deserved. August 10, 2017, accessed April 30, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 8, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Altenoythe|