Johann David Wadephul [ ˈvaːdəˌfuːl ] (born February 10, 1963 in Husum ) is a German politician ( CDU ). From 2005 to 2009 he was chairman of the CDU parliamentary group in the Schleswig-Holstein state parliament and has been a member of the Bundestag since then .
Life and work
After graduating from the Meldorfer School of Academics in 1982 , Wadephul did his military service and began studying law at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel in 1986 , which he completed in 1991 with the first state examination and in 1995 with the second state examination . Since then he has been working as a lawyer , currently in a law firm in Neumünster . In 1996 he received his doctorate as Dr. jur. with work The agreement of the operating partners .
Johann Wadephul is a Protestant, married and has three children. He lives in Molfsee and is Major d.R. the Bundeswehr .
He has been a member of the CDU since 1982. Here he was initially involved in the Junge Union , whose Schleswig-Holstein state chairman he was from 1992 to 1996. From 1993 he was a member of the CDU state executive in Schleswig-Holstein. From 1997 to 2000 he was first general secretary and from 2000 to 2002 regional chairman of the CDU Schleswig-Holstein . Since January 2006 Wadephul has been the district chairman of the CDU Rendsburg-Eckernförde. In November 2010 he was elected to the CDU federal executive committee.
From 2000 to 2009 Wadephul was a member of the state parliament of Schleswig-Holstein . Here he immediately became a member of the CDU parliamentary group committee. On March 17, 2005, he was initially elected deputy chairman of the parliamentary group and after April 27, 2005 he finally became chairman of the CDU parliamentary group .
Wadephul has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2009 .
In the 2009 Bundestag election he was elected directly to the Bundestag in the constituency of Rendsburg-Eckernförde with 40.2% of the first votes. In the 17th Bundestag he was a full member of the Committee on Labor and Social Affairs and the Committee on European Union Affairs . He was also a member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe .
In the 2013 federal election , he defended his constituency with 45.2% of the first vote. In the 18th Bundestag he chaired the Committee on Election Review, Immunity and Rules of Procedure of the German Bundestag and was a full member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and a deputy member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. In the Foreign Affairs Committee, he was rapporteur for the CDU / CSU parliamentary group for the countries of the Near / Middle East, the Gulf States and Iran. At the end of the electoral term, on March 7, 2017 , he was elected chairman of the Schleswig-Holstein CDU state group to succeed Ole Schröder , who had announced his departure from politics for the next electoral term.
The 2017 federal election brought Wadephul back to the direct mandate in his constituency, with 42.7% of the first votes. In the 19th German Bundestag he was again elected chairman of the Schleswig-Holstein state group of CDU members and then deputy chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group, responsible for foreign affairs, defense, common foreign and security policy and the Council of Europe. He is now a deputy member of the European Union Affairs Committee, the Defense Committee and the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Wadephul is the deputy chairman of the Hermann Ehlers Foundation . In addition, he is a member of the non-partisan Europa-Union Deutschland and the Europa-Union parliamentary group of the German Bundestag .
- Website of Johann Wadephul with curriculum vitae
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Johann Wadephul in the State Parliament Information System Schleswig-Holstein
- Johann Wadephul on parliamentwatch.de
- ↑ Final result of the 2009 Bundestag election constituency 004 - Rendsburg-Eckernförde ( Memento of the original from February 24, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Final result of the 2013 federal election, constituency 004 - Rendsburg-Eckernförde ( memento of the original from 23 September 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ^ DPA: Wadephul-leads-CDU-Bundestag group-Schleswig-Holstein ; In the Hamburger Abendblatt from March 7, 2017
- ↑ Press release of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group from January 29, 2018
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Wadephul, Johann David (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag, Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Husum|