Control unit lake
The German control units lake until the entry into force of the work breakdown structure development inch in 2008 the water tariff , are part of the border inspection service of the Federal Customs Administration and is responsible for customs matters to the German maritime and waterways and to the maritime borders . They are also members of the federal coast guard and carry out shipping police tasks on behalf of the waterways and shipping directorates . In addition to operations on the North and Baltic Seas, the units also monitor the EU's external border on Lake Constance .
There are also teams that specialize in ship searches. Since they heavily soiled their uniforms during the searches, they are internally called "Black Gang" or in Low German "Schwatte Gang" in seafaring jargon.
Each lake control unit is affiliated to the locally responsible main customs office, until 2008 the officials of the water customs at the time were subordinate to the respective local customs commissioner .
It is planned to gradually replace the ten ocean-going boats of the Wasserzoll with large SWATH boats, which are known for their extremely quiet location on the lake. Instead of the previous short patrols, during which the boats then always return to their home ports, the new cruisers are to carry out trips of one to two weeks. As the first customs cruiser of this generation, the Helgoland was put into service in August 2009 . Borkum followed at the beginning of February 2010 . The home port of the two sister ships is Cuxhaven .
Exemplary pictures of customs cruisers and boats
Customs boat Ericus , near the landing stages in Hamburg
- Press release on www.zoll.de ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed February 7, 2010.
- Maritime Tasks Act (juris)
- Ordinance on the designation of the federal enforcement officers responsible for certain tasks according to the code of criminal procedure in the field of maritime shipping (Competence Designation Ordinance See - ConditionsBV-See)
- Presentation of the water customs service on www.zoll.de ( Memento from July 11, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- To the federal coast guard at www.zoll.de
- Customs cruisers and customs boats made by Fassmer