From 1987 to 1989 he was his country's foreign minister. On June 3, 1989, he succeeded Takeshita Noboru, who had resigned due to the recruit scandal , as the 47th Prime Minister of Japan . He resigned as early as August 10, 1989 after a geisha went public with details about a sexual relationship and the LDP had suffered heavy losses in the Sangiin election in 1989 , he resigned and was replaced by Kaifu Toshiki on August 10, 1989 replaced as prime minister.
- Obituary: Sosuke Uno , obituary by Paul Carter in the Independent , May 20, 1998
- Died: Sosuke Uno , message in the Spiegel , No. 22, May 25, 1998
- Embarrassing premier search in Japan . In: Der Spiegel . No. 23 , 1989, pp. 152 f . ( online ).
- portrait: Potatoes under control . In: The time . No. 24, June 9, 1989
- A prostitute makes politics . In: The time . No. 26, June 23, 1989
- Japan's UN - Man without Morals? In: Der Spiegel . No. 27 , 1989, pp. 112 f . ( online ).
- Matthias Naß: Anger over Nippon's old men . In: The time . No. 31, July 28, 1989
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||宇 野 宗佑 (Japanese)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||47th Prime Minister of Japan|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 27, 1922|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Moriyama (Shiga)|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 19, 1998|