|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Basic data (as of 2014)|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Area :||61.02 km 2|
|Residents:||11,095 (Jun. 30, 2014)|
|Population density :||182 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||AK|
|Association key :||07 1 32 5003|
|Association structure:||9 municipalities|
|Association administration address
|Mayor :||Wolfgang Schneider|
The Verbandsgemeinde Daaden was an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional body in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald) in Rhineland-Palatinate . The Verbandsgemeinde belonged to nine independent local parishes, the administrative seat was in the eponymous parish of Daaden . On July 1, 2014, the previously independent town of Herdorf was incorporated into the Daaden community and renamed the Daaden-Herdorf community (until December 31, 2016 provisionally, Herdorf-Daaden community).
Association members communities
|Local parish||Area (km²)||Residents | -|
(Resident on June 30, 2014)
On December 13, 2013, the state parliament of Rhineland-Palatinate decided, against the will of the two local authorities concerned, to integrate a further municipality into the association municipality from July 1, 2014 through the “State law on the integration of the non-association city of Herdorf into the Verbandsgemeinde Daaden” . In the course of this expansion, the association was renamed " Verbandsgemeinde Herdorf-Daaden ". Both the city of Herdorf and the Verbandsgemeinde Daaden have filed a municipal constitutional complaint against the state law.
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of the Verbandsgemeinde Daaden at the time of its dissolution; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The Verbandsgemeinderat Daaden consisted of 28 voluntary council members who were last elected in the local elections on June 7, 2009 in a personalized proportional representation, and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
On May 30, 2010, Wolfgang Schneider was elected mayor for the third time in a row for a further eight years. This made him the longest-serving mayor in the association. He is also the first mayor of the Herdorf-Daaden community.
The community of Daaden had been on friendly terms with the French city of Fontenay-le-Fleury since 1987 .
- Gesellschaft für Kommunikation und Wissenstransfer mbH - rlpDirekt ( Memento of the original from April 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Report in the Siegener Zeitung from December 13, 2013
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2009, Verbandsgemeinderatswahlen
- AK-KURIER Internet newspaper for the Altenkirchen district of May 31, 2010: Wolfgang Schneider impressively confirmed in office