|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Daaden-Herdorf|
|Height :||450 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.1 km 2|
|Residents:||952 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||134 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57520|
|Area code :||02743|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 019|
|LOCODE :||DE RPD|
|Association administration address:||Bahnhofstrasse 4
|Local Mayor :||Volker Wisser|
|Location of the local community Derschen in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Derschen lies at an altitude between 400 and 450 meters above sea level. The Derscher Bach rises south of Derschen and flows into the Daade at Steinches Mühle . In the south lies the Friedewalder Höhe , in the north the Brachenberg and in the west the Schimmerich . The Derschen stop was on the Scheuerfeld – Emmerzhausen railway line .
The place Derschen was first mentioned in 1230 when a Konrad von Dersin appeared as a witness in a dispute. Derschen belonged to the parish of Daaden in the county of Sayn and since the 17th century to Sayn-Altenkirchen .
In 1741 the "old school" was built in the middle of the village. In 1758 the south wing was added. In 1808 the place consists of 51 houses.
From 1803 on Derschen belonged to the Principality of Nassau-Usingen , from 1806 to 1815 to the Duchy of Nassau . As a result of the resolutions of the Congress of Vienna and a treaty with Nassau, the area of the former county of Sayn-Altenkirchen came to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815 . Derschen was included in the Prussian administration mayoralty Daaden in Altenkirchen in Koblenz assigned.
The Americans reached the place on March 27, 1945. Derschen had no war damage, but 34 men died in the war.
Due to the administrative reform of the Rhineland-Palatinate, which began in the mid-1960s, Derschen has been a member of the newly formed community of Daaden since October 1, 1968.
The development of the population of Derschen, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The council in Derschen consists of twelve council members, who in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a majority vote were elected, and the honorary mayor as chairman. By the 2019 election, there were 16 council members.
Local mayor of Derschen is Volker Wisser. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office with 94.37% of the votes.
Culture and sights
Derschen is known far beyond the town limits because of the nature reserve Derscher Geschwämm, one of the last raised bog areas in Rhineland-Palatinate . The Derscher Geschwämm lie in the field of the training area web head .
The Steinchesmühle, whose origins date before 1610, is located on the Daadebach. It is said to have briefly served as a hideout for the Schinderhannes .
- Local community Derschen on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Daaden-Herdorf
- Detailed story of Derschen
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Derschen. Retrieved November 11, 2019 .
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Daaden-Herdorf, Verbandsgemeinde, second line of results. Retrieved November 11, 2019 .
- Cf. Marc Rosenkranz: Steinches Mühle was first mentioned in a document 400 years ago, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 53 (2009), pp. 72–73. For the historical development of the mills in the county of Sayn cf. Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), pp. 219–237.
- Presentation by Derschen in the Wanderatlas Germany