|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||240 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.12 km 2|
|Residents:||1074 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||261 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57636|
|Area code :||02681|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 067|
|LOCODE :||DE MRP|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
|Local Mayor :||Dieter Rütscher|
|Location of the local community Mammelzen in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The street village of Mammelzen is located at an altitude of 236 m, about three kilometers northeast of Altenkirchen . In addition to the eponymous place, the higher-lying districts of Hüttenhofen and Reuffelbach belong to the local community . Parts of the southern district of Ziegelhütte are already in the area of the city of Altenkirchen. Other neighboring towns are Eichelhardt in the north-west, Sörth in the west and Niedererbach in the north-west of Mammelzen.
Mammelzen was first mentioned before 1430 in the miracle book of the church in Hilgenroth as Mammelshausen , Hüttenhofen is mentioned in the same source in 1427 . Reuffelbach is mentioned in 1528 on the occasion of the tithing for the Count of Sayn . The name endings -hausen and -hofen suggest a settlement period around the 12th century, while settlements with the ending -bach did not appear until the 14th century.
Mammelzen and its districts belonged to the county of Sayn . After the introduction of the Reformation in the county of Sayn, the inhabitants were first Lutheran and later reformed . In 1603 Peter Müller zu Mammelzen was tenant of the Marzau mill in the parish of Höchstenbach together with Wilhelm zu Borod . After the division of the County of Sayn in the 17th century, Eichelhardt was part of the County of Sayn-Altenkirchen .
By order of the Prussian state , the three places were united in 1938.
- Population development
The development of the population of Mammelzen, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The council in Mammelzen consists of 16 council members, who in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a majority vote were elected, and the honorary mayor as chairman. In the local elections in 2009, a personalized proportional representation took place in which two groups of voters were represented.
In the direct election on May 26, 2019, Dieter Rütscher was confirmed in his office for a further five years with 84.50% of the votes.
The place, which was originally dominated by agriculture, has developed in the last few decades into a residential and commercial area with the usual occupancy of commercial and commercial enterprises. Until 2007, four farms had survived.
- Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), pp. 219–237.
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in plan , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- Daniel Schneider: The history of the local community Obererbach (Westerwald). The localities Hacksen, Niedererbach, Obererbach and Koberstein from the Middle Ages to the present , 2 volumes, Obererbach 2009, ISBN 978-3-00-027494-7 (with numerous references to Mammelzen).
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 8 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in the ground plan, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), pp. 221–222.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data .
- The Regional Returning Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Mammelzen. Retrieved December 26, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 36th line of results. Retrieved December 26, 2019 .