|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Betzdorf-Gebhardshain|
|Height :||310 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.17 km 2|
|Residents:||384 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||177 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57580|
|Area code :||02742|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 030|
|Association administration address:||Hellerstraße 2
|Mayoress :||Daniela de Nichilo|
|Location of the local community Fensdorf in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The local community is located on the northern foothills of the Westerwald, southeast of Wissen ; Neighboring communities are Selbach in the west and Gebhardshain in the east. Extensive forest areas extend north of the town, in which the district borders on the Westerwaldkreis .
To Fensdorf includes the abode estate Tannenhof.
Fensdorf was first mentioned in a document in 1220. The place belonged to the county of Sayn , the "Lords of Gevertzhagen" had the "Gebhardshainer Land" as a fief . At the beginning of the 13th century, the Gevertzhageners built their family castle in the "Görsbach" corridor in the Fensdorf district . It was on the connecting path from Fensdorf to Gebhardshain on the section of the path "On the cabinet path". After the Saynian inheritance in the middle of the 17th century, Fensdorf belonged to the County of Sayn-Altenkirchen . This came to the Principality of Nassau-Usingen in 1803 and to the Duchy of Nassau in 1806 and, after the Congress of Vienna in 1815, to the Kingdom of Prussia . The community Fensdorf was included in the Prussian administration mayoralty Gebhardshain in Altenkirchen in Koblenz assigned, that of 1822 to the Rhine province belonged. Since 1946, Fensdorf has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
Ecclesiastically, Fensdorf always belonged to the Diocese of Trier and is located in the so-called Trier Island . The place was a purely Catholic community until the middle of the 20th century, today around 72% are Catholics and 16% are Protestant.
In 1902 Fensdorf received a one-class elementary school, which existed until 1964.
- Population development
The development of the population of Fensdorf, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Community leader and local mayor:
|before 1902||Peter Arndt|
|2017–||Daniela de Nichilo|
In the direct election on May 26, 2019, Daniela de Nichilo was re-elected with 89.74% of the vote.
coat of arms
Blazon : “The coat of arms is divided into four. Field 1: silver, three diagonal blue diamonds; Field 2: blue, golden marsh marigold blossom; Field 3: Blue, slanting golden key, beard on board; Field 4: Silver, blue ploughshare. "
The coat of arms was approved in late 2009.
|Justification of the coat of arms: The three diamonds are based on the coat of arms of the Lords of Gevertzhagen. The marsh marigold , which grows mainly in damp locations, symbolizes the place name. The term "fen (s)" or Fenn from Old High German / Gallic or the Dutch "veen" mean swamp, moor or wetland. It is assumed that the place name Fensdorf originated from this root word. The golden Peter key stands for belonging to the Archdiocese of Trier . The ploughshare stands for the agricultural structure of the municipality.|
- As a sports club, the “DJK Fensdorf” affiliated to the Catholic DJK offers women's gymnastics, children's gymnastics, walking and football.
- Fensdorf is represented in the carnival with the "Fensdorfer Carnival Club". In addition to three sessions (cap session, women's session and children's session) organized by the association, the FKC takes part in carnival parades in the area.
- At the tractor meeting of the “Tractor Friends Westerwald / Sieg ” every year on the second weekend in August, the friends of old tractors meet.
- Website of the local community Fensdorf
- Local community Fensdorf on the website of the Gebhardshain community
- Brief portrait of Fensdorf near Hierzuland , SWR television
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 13 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Description of the coat of arms at www.vggebhardshain.de
- Municipal statistics KommWis , as of December 31, 2013
- Chronicle of the local community Fensdorf on fensdorf.de
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Returning Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Fensdorf. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Betzdorf-Gebhardshain, Verbandsgemeinde, seventh line of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .