|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||308 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.2 km 2|
|Residents:||726 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||330 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56593|
|Area code :||02687|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 043|
|LOCODE :||DE GWM|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Peter Humberg|
|Location of the local community Güllesheim in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Güllesheim is located in the Rhine-Westerwald Nature Park about twelve kilometers southwest of Altenkirchen (Westerwald) . Neighboring communities are Bürdenbach , Döttesfeld , Pleckhausen and Horhausen (Westerwald) .
The place was first mentioned in 1250 in the leveling rolls of Herford Abbey.
Güllesheim belonged to the Electorate of Trier until the beginning of the 19th century and was part of the parish of Horhausen . The parts of the Electorate of Trier on the right bank of the Rhine were allocated to the Principality of Nassau-Weilburg in 1803 on the basis of the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss and belonged to the Duchy of Nassau from 1806 after the foundation of the Rhine Confederation . Due to the agreements made at the Congress of Vienna (1815), the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia .
- Population development
The development of the population of Güllesheim, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Peter Humberg became mayor of Güllesheim on July 9, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 57.14% of the vote. Peter Humberg's predecessors were Markus Schmidt (Mayor 2014–2019) and Kornelius Seliger.
Culture and sights
- Güllesheim has a football club, SV Güllesheim. The first team plays in the district league B in the 2010/2011 season.
- In 2005, the Rhineland-Palatinate / Saarland state championship in cheerleading was held in Güllesheim for the second time in a row . The organizer was the CVJM Altenkirchen (Heavenly Force Cheerleader).
- The "Country & Linedance Festival" has been held annually at the Raiffeisenhalle in Güllesheim since 2008. The Geronimo Linedancers donate the net proceeds every year for youth work in the association's community. So far, over 45,000 € have been donated.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Güllesheim has a local DRK association and a rapid deployment group (SEG).
- In addition, a publicly accessible halfpipe was built in 2000 .
- A playground in Lindenstrasse and the playground next to the football field are also open to the public.
- The Raiffeisenhalle and the sports field, newly built in 2012, offer space for sports activities.
- www.güllesheim.de Website of the local community Güllesheim
- Local community Güllesheim on the website of the community community Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Güllesheim. Retrieved January 4, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 19th line of results. Retrieved January 4, 2020 .
- AK-Kurier: Peter Humberg is the new local mayor in Güllesheim. July 12, 2019, accessed January 4, 2020 .
- Geronimo Line Dancers eV: Geronimo Linedancers. Retrieved January 4, 2020 .
- Archive link ( Memento of the original from August 20, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.