|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Hamm (victory)|
|Height :||160 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.05 km 2|
|Residents:||1296 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||425 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57539|
|Area code :||02682|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 028|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Lindenallee 2
57577 Hamm (Sieg)
|Local Mayor :||Ulf Langenbach|
|Location of the local community Etzbach in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Etzbach is located on a Siegschleife opposite the divided place Oppertsau (local community Fürthen ) or Opperzau (community Windeck , Rhein-Sieg district ). From Fürthen, the Sieg forms the state border with North Rhine-Westphalia . The Nister flows into the Sieg on the municipal boundary to the city of Wissen , Nisterbrück district .
In addition to the eponymous place, Etzbach also includes the Heckenhof district and the Herrgottsau estate.
Until the middle of the 17th century, Etzbach belonged to the county of Sayn . After the introduction of the Reformation in the county of Sayn, the inhabitants were first Lutheran and later reformed . After the division of the County of Sayn in the 17th century, Etzbach was part of the County of Sayn-Hachenburg .
Etzbach formed a separate administrative district called “Sende” within the parish of Hamm , to which the places Heckenhof, Herrgottsau and Kohlrich belonged. The county of Sayn-Hachenburg fell to the princes of Nassau-Weilburg by inheritance in 1799 . In connection with the formation of the Rhine Confederation , Etzbach came to the newly established Duchy of Nassau in 1806 .
Due to the agreements made at the Congress of Vienna (1815), the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia . Etzbach was included in the Prussian administration mayoralty Hamm in the newly built district Altenkirchen in Koblenz assigned and belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province .
Etzbach has belonged to Rhineland-Palatinate since the state was founded .
- Population development
The development of the population of Etzbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Ulf Langenbach is the local mayor of Etzbach. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 88.44% of the vote.
coat of arms
The local community Etzbach has received approval to use its own coat of arms. The certificate of approval was handed over to local mayor Wolf-Dieter Stuhlmann on August 15, 2010 by Altenkirchen District Administrator Michael Lieber . The two wavy bands from the left and right lower edge to the middle symbolize the Etzbach and the Nister. They lead into another upward-pointing wave band, which symbolizes the receiving victory. The resulting three-part division of the coat of arms refers to the three districts of Etzbach, Heckenhof and Hergottsau. The municipality of Etzbach belonged to the former county of Sayn-Hachenburg , as the leoparded golden lion on a red background reminds us . An owl can be seen in the green field . This stylizes the centuries-old attribute of the "Etzbacher owls", at the same time it expresses the high occurrence of this genus and a high occurrence of rare other bird species in the municipality. The green underground also symbolizes forests and agriculture. The stylized fish on a blue background in the lower field symbolizes the abundance of fish in Sieg and the local fishing cooperative . At the same time, the coat of arms refers to the founder of the cooperative, Raiffeisen, from the neighboring town of Hamm.
The Etzbach eV football club has existed in Etzbach since April 30, 2012 and has reported the 1st men's team in the Rhineland Football Association's game operations . Since the direct promotion in the founding season, FK Etzbach has also provided a second men's team in the game operations of the Rhineland Football Association (2013), this was canceled after the 17th matchday due to personal circumstances (injuries and relocations), so that the FK Etzbach only provides the first men's team. For the 2018/2019 season, FK is again providing two teams in the Rhineland Football Association. The first team continues to play in the district league C3 and the second team competes as a team of 9 in the district league D2.
Etzbach has a breakpoint of the win range ( Cologne - Au (win) - Siegen ), which 90 (by the line RB Westerwald-win-path ( Kreuztal -Siegen- knowledge (Sieg) -Au (Sieg) - Altenkirchen - Hachenburg -Nistertal / Bad Marienberg - Westerburg - Diez East Limburg an der Lahn )), the Hessische Landesbahn (HLB), Dreiländerbahn area , according to the Rhineland-Palatinate cycle every hour.
At the Au (Sieg) train station, which is about three kilometers away, there is also a connection to the Rhein-Sieg-Express (RE 9), which runs from Aachen via Düren , Cologne, Troisdorf , Siegburg / Bonn , Hennef (Sieg) and Betzdorf (Sieg) commutes to Siegen, as well as to the S-Bahn line 12 (Düren - Horrem - Cologne - Siegburg / Bonn - Au (Sieg)).
Etzbach is also affected by the B 62 .
- Local community Etzbach (Hrsg.): 700 years Etzbach. 1290-1990. The history of a village according to the chronicle of Wilhelm Korf II, mayor from 1880–1919 , Etzbach, 1990.
- Otto-Ernst Löttgen: Municipality of Etzbach , in: Hans Günther Mack (Ed.): Heimatbuch für Hamm (Sieg) and the district of Hamm (Sieg), Altenkirchen 1956, pp. 179–187.
- Internet presence of the local community Etzbach
- Local community Etzbach on the website of the community community Hamm (Sieg)
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The historical representation of the local community Etzbach .
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in the ground plan, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- Wilhelm Fabricius : Explanations of the historical atlas of the Rhine province, Volume 2: The map of 1789. Bonn 1898, p. 371.
- Negotiations of the State Deputy Assembly by resolution ..., Volume 1 , 1836, p. 583.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Etzbach. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Hamm (Sieg), Verbandsgemeinde, fifth row of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- Report in the AK-Kurier / Internet newspaper for the Altenkirchen district (accessed on August 17, 2010) .