|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Knowledge|
|Height :||220 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.66 km 2|
|Residents:||748 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||204 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57537|
|Area code :||02742|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 105|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 75
|Local Mayor :||Matthias Grohs|
|Location of the local community Selbach (Sieg) in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The districts of Brunken and Kirchseifen and the hamlet of Neuhöfchen belong to the local community of Selbach (Sieg) . Parts of Kirchseifen and Neuhöfchen are in the city of Wissen.
Selbach was first mentioned in a document around 1500. Until the end of the 18th century the place was divided into three parts, it belonged partly to Sayn-Altenkirchen , Sayn-Hachenburg and the subordinate rule of Schönstein in Cologne .
On May 1, 1973 the community was renamed from “Selbach, Amt Wissen” to “Selbach (Sieg)”.
- Population development
The development of the population of Selbach (Sieg), the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The council in Selbach (Sieg) consists of twelve council members, who in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a majority vote were elected, and the honorary mayor as chairman. Up to the 2014 election, a personalized proportional representation was used because several lists had started.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
|2019||by majority vote||12 seats|
- FWG = Free Voter Group Selbach e. V.
Local mayor of Selbach is Matthias Grohs. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected with a share of 90.76% of the vote and is the successor to Reiner Dietershagen, who did not run again after 20 years in office.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “In green a downwardly curved silver tip, inside a continuous black cross, topped with four silver disks in quatrefoil, inside a red rose with green sepals and golden lug, in front and behind a gold-edged red wavy bar, inside in front two diagonally crossed golden peelers , golden hammer and mallet crossed at the back. "|
Culture and sights
A brook nature trail, which was awarded second prize in the state competition "Child and Youth-Friendly Village Renewal", enables direct experience of the brook fauna and flora on the Selbach. The nature trail begins on Wiesenstrasse in Selbach.
Economy and Infrastructure
The place is u. a. shaped by a jointly organized timber industry. Since the 19th century, 140 hectares of forest have been distributed among several Hauberg community and forest interest groups . These forest plots are still used today.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 18 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 187 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local council election 2019 Selbach. Retrieved November 10, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Knowledge, Verbandsgemeinde, fifth row of results. Retrieved November 10, 2019 .