|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Hamm (victory)|
|Height :||220 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.66 km 2|
|Residents:||3483 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||952 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57577|
|Area code :||02682|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 044|
|LOCODE :||DE HXM|
|Association administration address:||Lindenallee 2
57577 Hamm (Sieg)
|Local Mayor :||Bernd Niederhausen ( SPD )|
|Location of the local community Hamm (Sieg) in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Hamm (Sieg) is a municipality on the Sieg in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald) in Rhineland-Palatinate . It is the administrative seat of the association of the same name and is designated as a basic center according to state planning .
Hamm is located halfway between Eitorf and Betzdorf or between Waldbröl and Altenkirchen on the northern foothills of the Westerwald ; the local community is on the southern edge of the Siegtal above Au (Sieg) and Fürthen , which are in the north; other neighboring communities are Pracht in the west, Roth in the east and Breitscheidt in the south.
Hamm was first mentioned on March 31, 1131. "Ecclam Hamne cum tota dec" is in the document that Pope Innocent II confirmed to the Cassius pen in Bonn , the church and the tithe in Hamm an der Sieg. Until the end of the 18th century, the former parish of Hamm (Sieg) belonged to the County of Sayn , most recently to Sayn-Hachenburg . After a short time under Nassau , with the transition to the state of Prussia , the parish became the mayor's office of Hamm .
Hamm received international importance through the founder of the rural cooperative system, Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen , who was born here in 1818. Raiffeisen's father was the mayor of the Hamm mayor's office. The grandfather and great-grandfather also held this office, albeit under a different name. The Raiffeisen Museum is a reminder of his life.
On February 10, 1968, Hamm was given the suffix “(Sieg)”.
- Population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Hamm (Sieg), the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Hamm (Sieg) consists of 20 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Groups Verbandsgemeinde Hamm / Sieg e. V.
The local mayor of Hamm is Bernd Niederhausen. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 76.43% of the vote.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Dividedfrom red to blue by silver wavy thread to the base of the shield , above under two crossed silver horse heads a golden, blue-tongued, torn leoparded lion head, below silver mallet and iron."|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The two horse heads symbolize the life's work of Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen. The lion's head stands for Hamm's former affiliation to the County of Sayn-Hachenburg. The wave thread stands for the location of the place on the Sieg. The tools refer to Hamm's mining tradition.|
Culture and leisure
- The Thalhauser Mühle has the largest natural swimming pool in the entire region with a water surface of 16,000 m² and 15,000 m² of sunbathing lawns.
- In 1998 the local community acquired Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen's birthplace and created the Raiffeisen Museum, which opened in 2000.
Kindergartens and schools in Hamm (Sieg):
- Child day care center Hamm (Sieg), sponsor: Verbandsgemeinde Hamm (Sieg)
- Catholic day care center “St. Joseph “, bearer: Catholic parish of St. James and St. Joseph
- Evangelical kindergarten, sponsor: Evangelical Church Community Hamm (Sieg)
- Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen Primary School , all-day school
- IGS Hamm - Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen School , integrated comprehensive school
Born in Hamm
- The best-known son of the village is Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen (born March 30, 1818 in Hamm (Sieg); † March 11, 1888 in Heddesdorf, now Neuwied ).
- Georg Wilhelm Heinrich Seippel (* May 17, 1788 in Hamm an der Sieg; † June 17, 1850 ibid.) Was pastor in Hamm and educator of Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen.
- The artist Erwin Wortelkamp was born on September 21, 1938 in Hamm (Sieg).
- The entrepreneur Willy Korf was born on August 13, 1929 in Hamm (Sieg).
Associated with Hamm
- Gottfried Friedrich Raiffeisen (born February 7, 1782 in Mittelfischbach, † January 16, 1849 in Hamm an der Sieg), mayor of the Hamm mayor and father of Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen.
- Michael Klein (* 1964), Protestant pastor in Hamm, church historian
- Hans Günter Mack: Home book for Hamm (Sieg) and the district of Hamm (Sieg). Wilhelm Dieckmann, Altenkirchen 1956.
- Local community Hamm (Sieg) on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Hamm (Sieg)
- Short portrait of Hamm ( memento from April 9, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) on SWR television
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- On denominational development cf. Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in plan , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch 58 (2015), pp. 74–80.
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 187 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Hamm (Sieg). Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Hamm (Sieg), Verbandsgemeinde, eighth line of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .