|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||311 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.81 km 2|
|Residents:||617 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||220 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56593|
|Area code :||02687|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 065|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Werner Eul|
|Location of the local community Krunkel in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The community consists of the two districts Krunkel and Epgert.
Research into the mining history of Krunkel has shown that iron ore has been smelted on site since 940 . Krunkel was first mentioned in a document on May 2, 1354 as Cranwinkil . In 1715 the place consisted of ten fire pits .
Until the beginning of the 19th century Krunkel belonged to the office of Herschbach in the Electorate of Trier . Due to the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss Losing the area came in 1803 to the Principality of Nassau-Weilburg , 1806 after its accession to the Confederation of the Rhine to the Duchy of Nassau and 1815 after the Congress of Vienna to the Kingdom of Prussia . Krunkel was 1816 under the newly established Prussian administration mayoralty Flammersfeld in Altenkirchen , Koblenz assigned, and belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province .
On April 1, 1939, the previously independent municipality of Epgert was incorporated into Krunkel.
- Population development
The development of the population of Krunkel, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Werner Eul became the local mayor of Krunkel in spring 2013. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of the vote of 83.94%. Werner Eul's predecessor, Richard Lysun, had resigned prematurely for health reasons.
The local association is the SG Epgert-Obersteinebach-Krunkel.
Economy and Infrastructure
Krunkel has a larger industrial area in which u. a. there is a rental company for American military vehicles.
- Local community Krunkel on the website of the community community Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- Pictures on michael-unibonn.de
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The story of Krunkel. In: gemeinde-krunkel.de. Retrieved June 1, 2019 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Returning Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local council election 2019 Krunkel. Retrieved January 4, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 35th line of results. Retrieved January 4, 2020 .
- Rhein-Zeitung: Werner Eul sworn in as local chief. April 2, 2013, accessed January 4, 2020 .