|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Betzdorf-Gebhardshain|
|Height :||192 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.93 km 2|
|Residents:||1484 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||250 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57518|
|Area code :||02741|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 002|
|Association administration address:||Hellerstraße 2
|Local Mayor :||Rudolf Staudt ( SPD )|
|Location of the local community Alsdorf in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Alsdorf is located in the northern tip of Rhineland-Palatinate and thus in the northeastern foothills of the Westerwald . Surrounded by wooded elevations, it is embedded in the valley of the Heller (eastern Sieg tributary), into which the Daade, coming from the south, flows into the village . The "Imhäusertal" borders directly on the area of the municipality.
The first documentary mention of Alsdorf is from 1248: In that year a document was drawn up in the Marienstatt monastery , which Wilhelm von Alsdorf was a witness . It was the first document in which Amilardisdorp was mentioned. Around 1300 a robber baron is said to have been up to mischief in Alsdorf. His residence was "At the castle". From here he and other knights from Hohenseelbach Castle put fear and terror in their homeland. In 1611 there is evidence of a mill in Alsdorf. The Alsdorf ironworks was first mentioned in 1471. The Hüttenschulzenhaus, one of the best-preserved half-timbered houses in Alsdorf, was built in 1680. After the Battle of the Nations near Leipzig , Russian officers lived there. They chased Napoleon on his retreat to France. In 1885 the iron works, which had made Alsdorf an important and prosperous place in the past centuries, went out. A sawmill was built on the site, which fell victim to a major fire in 1972.
The foundation stone for the Alsdorf church was laid in 1951. The gymnasium was inaugurated in 1969 and the lawn sports field in 1974. From 1985 onwards, the municipality carried out numerous beautification measures as part of the village renewal, such as B. set up a village park on the site of the former sawmill.
- Population development
The development of the population of Alsdorf, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Alsdorf is predominantly Catholic and, along with Grünebach and the Daadetal, belongs to the Catholic parish of St. Peter and Paul Alsdorf in the Diocese of Trier ("Trier Island"). The " Trier Island " consists of the deanery of churches , which belongs to the diocese of Trier, but is completely enclosed by the archbishopric of Cologne , the archbishopric of Paderborn and the diocese of Limburg . In addition to Father Leo Schmitt, who is a missionary in Manila in the Philippines , two other home missionaries come from the Alsdorf parish: Father Vinzenz Euteneuer is a missionary in São Francisco in the state of Minas Gerais ( Brazil ). The Grünebach sister Virgula Schmitt lives on the island of Flores in Indonesia . All three receive financial support from the local communities.
The local council in Alsdorf consists of 16 council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
Local mayor of Alsdorf is Rudolf Staudt (SPD). In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 84.84% of the vote.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “In red-green a silver oblique left bar covered with three black diamonds: At the top right a golden hammer and a golden mallet with crossed golden handles. At the bottom left above a golden wave shield foot a four-spoke golden water wheel. "|
|Foundation of the coat of arms: The history of Amilardisdorp begins with the lower nobility of the von Alsdorf family . The three diamonds refer to the seal carried by Wilhelm von Alsdorf in 1453 . Until the middle of the 19th century, Alsdorf was one of the most important industrial locations in the former county of Sayn . A center for iron production had developed, benefiting from the hydropower of the Heller, Daade and Steinebach rivers. The importance of these branches of industry is indicated by the golden hammer and the golden mallet with crossed golden handles in the upper red field. The green lower field stands for agriculture, ancillary operations, forest, Hauberg and hunting. The golden wave shield and the water wheel symbolize the three rivers that kept the Alsdorf huts and ancillary businesses going for centuries.|
Economy and Infrastructure
The place has opened up new building areas in recent years. Areas for commercial and industrial settlement are shown.
- In terms of traffic, the community can be reached via the B 62 .
- Away located at short distance from Alsdorf Betzdorf railway station on the victory path is following the RE9, Rhein-Sieg-Express RSX, which of Aachen over Dueren , Cologne , Bonn Siegburg / , Troisdorf and Au (Sieg) after winning runs as well as the RB90, ( Westerwald-Sieg-Bahn ) (Kreuztal-Siegen-Wissen (Sieg) -Au (Sieg) -Altenkirchen-Hachenburg-Westerburg-Limburg (Lahn)).
- Alsdorf has a stop on the Daadetalbahn , on which the trains of the Westerwaldbahn GmbH's RB97 line run every hour from Betzdorf to Daaden according to the Rhineland-Palatinate cycle .
- There is also the Grünebacherhütte train stop in Alsdorf, where the RB 96 ( Hellertalbahn ) trains run from Betzdorf via Herdorf and Haiger to Dillenburg. This line is also served hourly every day under the Rhineland-Palatinate cycle. Since the two stops are only approx. 100 m apart, they are also suitable for changing from the Hellertalbahn to the Daadetalbahn or vice versa.
There are numerous public facilities such as B. a primary school, two kindergartens, community center, two train stops (Hellertal-Bahn and Daadetalbahn), church, sports facility with lawn sports area, barbecue hut, shooting club, mini golf course. The event calendar of the local community is characterized by the lively club life and also invites visitors to participate in numerous festivals, events and celebrations. In 1998 the local congregation celebrated its 750th anniversary with a large historical pageant.
- Paul Wingendorf (1914–1995), politician, born in Alsdorf
- Paul Mies: 700 years of Alsdorf through the ages. On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the men's choir 1878 Alsdorf , Alsdorf 1978.
- KH Roth: Alsdorfer school history. Published on the occasion of the inauguration of the new school on December 18, 1992 , Alsdorf 1992.
- Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), pp. 219–237.
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in plan , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- Erich Vierbuchen: 750 years of Alsdorf. On the beginnings in historical time , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 41 (1998), pp. 198–203.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- See Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), p. 222.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- On denominational development cf. Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in plan, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local council election 2019 Alsdorf. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Betzdorf-Gebhardshain, Verbandsgemeinde, first line of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .