|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||190 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.95 km 2|
|Residents:||119 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||40 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57632|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 104|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Torsten Walterschen|
|Location of the local community Seifen in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Seifen is located about 3 km southeast of Flammersfeld and 5 km northwest of Puderbach in the Holzbachtal , connected to the national road network by the state road 267. The district of Seifen is in the Rhine-Westerwald Nature Park .
The districts of Niederehren (9 houses) and the Seifen train station with 3 houses also belong to the municipality of Seifen.
The annual precipitation is 929 mm. The rainfall is high. They are in the upper quarter of the values recorded in Germany. Lower values are registered at 80% of the measuring stations of the German Weather Service . The driest month is February, with the most rainfall in December. In December there is 1.4 times more rainfall than in February. Precipitation hardly varies and is evenly distributed over the year. Lower seasonal fluctuations are recorded at only 24% of the measuring stations .
The place name Seifen derives its name from the geological terms Seifener layers and saddle from Hönningen -eifen , or Seifener saddle for short . These names were given as a result of fossil finds that were found in the course of railway construction at the end of the 19th century - and again in the 1930s during the course of road construction.
Soaps is the dialect and Middle High German name for a Siefen in the area south of the middle Sieg . In geography, a Siefen is the name for a water-bearing valley. It indicates a settlement from around 1000. In 1935, when a house was being built, a jug and broken pieces were found, which give evidence of a settlement in the district in the 10th century. The names Burgberg , Burggraben , Burgkeller , Burgau , which occur on a rock spur around which the Holzbach stream flows , suggest a fortress here . In its history, the region belonged to the Counts of Engers at the time of the Carolingians , later to the County of Sayn and from 1636 to 1799 to the County of Sayn-Hachenburg . Until 1806 the place was then under the rule of the Prince of Nassau-Weilburg . In 1806 the two Nassau princes joined the Napoleonic Rhine Confederation , so that from 1806 the region belonged to the Duchy of Nassau . A participant in the Congress of Vienna made (1815) agreements, the territory of the former saynischen counties was to the Kingdom of Prussia ceded . Under the Prussian administration, Seifen was assigned to the Flammersfeld mayor in the newly established Altenkirchen district , which belonged to the Rhine Province from 1822 on .
In 1884 the area was opened up by the railway , so that Seifen later became a very important station as an ore loading point. The field name Silberkaul refers to mining, which ended with the Fortuna mine in 1886. In 1892 Seifen got its own school, which is no longer preserved today. The railway line was closed for passenger traffic shortly before its 100th anniversary. Today a freight train runs twice a day from Altenkirchen to Hedwigsthal, a district of Raubach .
- Population development
The development of the population of soaps, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Torsten Walterschen became the local mayor of Seifen on July 2, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 84.93% of the vote. Torsten Walterschen's predecessor was Martin Weingarten, who held the office for eleven years.
In Seifen there is still a full-time agricultural business and a part-time business which cultivate approx. 44 hectares. In 1975 there were eight farms with 115 hectares of usable space.
- Internet presence of the local community Seifen
- Local community Seifen on the website of the Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld community
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Günter Bauer, Tectonics of the Siegen layers in the middle Wiedtal (Westerwald) , Geologische Rundschau, Volume 44, Issue 1, 1955, pp. 193-208, doi : 10.1007 / BF01802911
- Seifener layers on mineralienatlas.de
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Soaps. Accessed December 31, 2019 .
- Information sheet Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen: Mayor Torsten Walterschen. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, edition 28/2019, accessed on December 31, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 58th result line. Accessed December 31, 2019 .
- Information sheet Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen: Martin Weingarten honored for 25 years of local politics in soap. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, edition 29/2019, accessed on December 31, 2019 .