|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||368 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||1.97 km 2|
|Residents:||859 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||436 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56594|
|Area code :||02687|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 116|
|LOCODE :||DE LLT|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Richard Schmitt|
|Location of the local community Willroth in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Willroth is a municipality in the Altenkirchen district (Westerwald) on the border with the Neuwied district in northern Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the community of Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld .
The name Willroth is probably derived from a designation for a border or a border town by shifting sounds. The place was first mentioned in a document in 1338 in which the Count of Isenburg was enfeoffed with the rule of Horhausen. The White Stone is still preserved , at the location of which three sovereigns met in 1595: Isenburg as the Electorate of Trier , to which Willroth still belonged, the Lower and Upper County of Wied . In 1664 Horhausen, including Willroth, fell back to Kurtrier, and the place was assigned to the Herschbach office. After the dissolution of the Electorate of Trier, the office of Herschbach was added to the Principality of Nassau-Weilburg in 1803, to the Duchy of Nassau in 1806 and to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815 ; the White Stone again became a boundary stone, this time between the districts of Altenkirchen and Neuwied in the administrative district of Koblenz, which were newly created in 1816 . Willroth was administered by the Flammersfeld mayor , which was renamed the Flammersfeld office in 1927. Since 1968, Willroth has been a member of the local community of the Flammersfeld community , which later became the Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld community .
Willroth is shaped by its long mining history. A witness of this is the headframe of the former Georg mine, which can be seen from afar . When the mine was closed on March 29, 1965, ore mining in the Westerwald ended .
- Population development
The development of the population of Willroth, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Willroth consists of twelve council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman. The council members are made up of two groups of voters. In the 2014 local elections, there was still a majority vote because only one list had started.
Richard Schmitt became the local mayor of Willroth in 2003. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with 79.84% of the votes.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "In silver a curved red tip, inside a gold-studded, silver rose , in front a continuous red cross, behind a black frog lamp with a golden flame."|
Justification for the coat of arms: Based on the coat of arms of Rhineland-Palatinate, it is divided into three parts. The red cross in silver is the Electorate of Trier coat of arms and illustrates the centuries-long membership in the Electorate of Trier. Despite the advice of the main state archives Koblenz , it was incorporated into the design of the coat of arms. This point of view was justified with the fact that Trierian territory with the Willrother district bordered on Wiedisches territory.
With the black frog lamp on a silver field, the community wants to commemorate the centuries-old iron ore mining, which was around until 1965. The Georg pit was one of the most important pits in the entire Siegerland-Wiedi iron ore mining. The silver rose on a red background is the attribute of St. Theresia von Lisieux , the church and local patroness of Willroth.
- Industrial monument Grube Georg
Willroth has numerous smaller craft and service companies as well as an industrial area in which larger companies that use the proximity to the A3 have settled.
- The FC Willroth sports festival and the village festival are held alternately every two years.
- Every year the carnival, which is known far beyond the borders of Willroth, is the meeting point for hundreds of carnival parties.
- Homepage of the local community Willroth
- Local community Willroth on the website of the community community Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Willroth. Retrieved January 7, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 66th result line. Retrieved January 7, 2020 .
- Local community Willroth: Honored Willrother local politicians received certificates of honor. May 19, 2019, accessed January 7, 2020 .
- coat of arms. Local community Willroth, June 10, 2009, accessed on September 21, 2017 .