|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||190 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.31 km 2|
|Residents:||293 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||127 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57632|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 089|
|LOCODE :||DE PLR|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Alois Weissenfels|
|Location of the local community Peterslahr in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Peterslahr is located on the Wied in the Lahrer Herrlichkeit , about five kilometers southwest of Flammersfeld on the state road 267 leading through the Wiedtal. The highest point is the Menzenberg ( ).
The place was first mentioned in a document in 1314 in the “Sayner Partition Treaty”. Earlier names were "Laere" and "Nydernlahre". Due to a St. Peter relic in the local church, the name "Peterslahr" became established, and it is documented that it first appeared in church books in 1556.
At the end of the Middle Ages, Peterslahr belonged to the Horhausen rule in the Isenburg county until 1664 . After their extinction, the place fell back to Kurtrier as a settled fiefdom . In 1803 Peterslahr came to the Principality of Nassau-Weilburg , in 1806 to the Duchy of Nassau and in 1815 to Prussia . Under the Prussian administration, Peterslahr was assigned to the Flammersfeld mayor in the newly established Altenkirchen district , which from 1822 belonged to the Rhine Province .
- Population development
The development of the population of Peterslahr, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Alois Weißenfels became the local mayor of Peterslahr in 1999. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of the vote of 82.67%.
Culture and sights
The village church of St. Petrus is a protected architectural monument. It was first mentioned in a document in 1326, the baptistery and the lower part of the tower are still preserved from the original church. The ship and choir were rebuilt in their old form in 1900 after being demolished.
The "Petersborn" is a fountain from 1556, which was re-framed in 2001. It is located at the only crossroads in the village on the Wiedtalstraße to Eulenberg .
- Morlock Motors, see Steel Buddies - Steel Hard Business
- Official website of the Peterslahr parish
- Local community Peterslahr on the website of the community community Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Peterslahr. Retrieved January 6, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 49th line of results. Retrieved January 6, 2020 .
- Peterslahr: Raiffeisenstrasse. Retrieved November 20, 2017 .