|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||194 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||1.48 km 2|
|Residents:||187 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||126 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57638|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 084|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Helmut Müller|
|Location of the local community Obernau in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Obernau is about 4 km northeast of Flammersfeld and 6 km southwest of Altenkirchen on both sides of the Wied . Neighboring towns are Hemmelzen in the north, Neitersen in the east, Berzhausen in the south, Schürdt in the west and Giershausen in the north-west. The federal highway 256 leads past the village .
The place was mentioned for the first time in 1565 as part of a survey of existing living spaces and at that time comprised six fireplaces (= houses, probably around 30 residents).
Until 1806, Obernau belonged to the county of Sayn-Hachenburg and the parish of Schöneberg . The county of Sayn-Hachenburg fell to the princes of Nassau-Weilburg by inheritance in 1799 . In 1806 the two Nassau princes joined the Napoleonic Rhine Confederation , so that from 1806 the region belonged to the Duchy of Nassau . A participant in the Congress of Vienna made (1815) agreements, the territory of the former saynischen counties was to the Kingdom of Prussia ceded .
The municipality of Neitersen and the neighboring municipality of Obernau will merge into the new municipality of Neitersen on January 1, 2021.
- Population development
The development of the population of Obernau, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Helmut Müller is the local mayor of Obernau. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for another five years with a share of 84.52% of the votes.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Divided by a silver wave bar and split at the top by a silver wave pole, in front a golden, blue-tongued and armored leopard lion, behind in blue three golden ears, below in green crossed silver scythe and rake."|
|Coats of arms: The local community was approved on July 19, 2014 a coat of arms. The local council commissioned (†) Roland Wüst and Elke Neschen from Obererbach to design the coat of arms. They were advised by the heraldist Dieter Sommerfeld from Wölmersen. The looking lion is the heraldic animal of the Counts von Sayn , the three golden ears of wheat, the scythe and the rake represent the local agriculture.|
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Regional data.
- The Regional Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: City council election 2019 Obernau. Accessed December 31, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. Accessed on December 31, 2019 (see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 44th result line).
- Coat of arms of Obernau. In: Citizen Courier. 20th July 2014.
- Obernau now also has a coat of arms. In: Citizen Courier. 19th July 2014.
- Alexander Hoffmann: Communal coat of arms show. In: The Herald. Quarterly for heraldry, genealogy, and allied sciences. Issue 3–4 / 2018.