|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||283 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||9.79 km 2|
|Residents:||371 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||38 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57632|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 097|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Hagen Schneider|
|Location of the local community Rott in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The municipality of Rott also includes the district of Kaffroth and the residential areas Alte Silberwiese, Belkertshof, Hof Fernblick and Peterslahr station.
Rott belonged to the parish of Flammersfeld in the county of Sayn and was first mentioned in 1478 in the deeds of the parish court. After the division of the County of Sayn, Rott belonged to the County of Sayn-Hachenburg until 1799 . Until 1806 the place was under the rule of Nassau-Weilburg and until 1815 it belonged to the Duchy of Nassau . At that time the place was called Roth . In 1815 the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia , administratively Rott belonged to the Flammersfeld mayor in the newly formed district of Altenkirchen in 1816 .
Until 1856 the Rotter children went to school in Flammersfeld . From 1894 to 1965 Rott had its own village school. The reason for its construction was the overcrowding of the school in Eichen , where Rott's children were now being taught. The construction of the school without utensils and teaching aids cost 11,000 marks at that time. In the school year 1895/96 the number of children was 44, including 27 boys and 17 girls. All children were housed in one classroom until the school closed, regardless of their age group.
With regard to the history of the village, the school chronicle says, among other things, that the municipal council decided to build a lighting system for the place in 1923. In 1928, Rott was connected to the existing Neuwied - Horhausen post bus line , which was extended to Flammersfeld. In 1984 an over 100 year old quarry stone kiln was saved from demolition, dismantled, renovated and rebuilt in a specially built bakery that has been used by the village community ever since.
On November 7, 1970, the districts of Dasbach and Heckenhahn were spun off from the municipality of Rott and the district of Altenkirchen and assigned to the municipality of Asbach (Westerwald) in the district of Neuwied .
- Population development
The development of the population of Rott is related to today's municipality area; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Hagen Schneider became the local mayor of Rott on June 24, 2019. Since no candidate applied for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the election was made by the municipal council at the constituent meeting. Hagen Schneider's predecessors were Klaus Kölschbach (Mayor 2014–2019, had not run again) and Hartmut Krämer (until 2014).
- Official website of the local community Rott
- Local community Rott on the website of the community community Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 9 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Hellmuth Gensicke : Landesgeschichte des Westerwaldes . 3. Edition. Historical Commission for Nassau, Wiesbaden 1999, p. 433; ISBN 3-922244-80-7
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 147 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Rott. Retrieved January 6, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 54th result line. Retrieved January 6, 2020 .
- Our community of Flammersfeld: Hagen Schneider was unanimously elected as the new local mayor of the community of Rott. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, edition 27/2019, accessed on January 6, 2020 .