|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||270 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.04 km 2|
|Residents:||254 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||84 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57635|
|Area code :||02686|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 031|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
|Local Mayor :||Carsten Pauly|
|Location of the local community Fiersbach in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The districts of Dickten and Kriegershof belong to the municipality of Fiersbach in the Westerwald . To the north Fiersbach is affected by the federal highway 8 , it is about 3 km from the state border with North Rhine-Westphalia in the north and 6 km northeast of Asbach .
The origin of the place name cannot be clearly deduced, but a settlement from before 1000 is assumed. Fiersbach is mentioned for the first time in writing in 1430 when a Theilingen von Fiersbach was a judge of the parish of Mehren, and again in 1470 as a village belonging to the parish of Mehren. In 1488 the Miracle Book of the Marienthal Monastery tells of a Cristgyn von Fiersbach , an accident and his miraculous healing through the image of grace in Marienthal. In 1510 Fiersbach is mentioned for the first time as a Honschaft , as a small administrative unit. In the tax list of 1578 there were 13 persons liable to pay tithing for Fiersbach ( Vierspach ), presumably mainly individual houses or farms.
The districts of Kriegershof and Dickten probably emerged from individual farms later than the village of Fiersbach. The first mention of Dickten comes from 1625, when billeted soldiers confiscated a horse from a Theis from Dickten. In 1744, 16 smokes (= houses, farms, households) are counted in Fiersbach. The residents all belonged to the Reformed creed .
In 1790 and in the following years, the town suffered so much from the French Revolutionary Wars , troops moving through and taking up quarters that the Prussian state later granted the local residents a loan for reconstruction and maintenance. In 1801 there are 99 inhabitants in Fiersbach and Dickten, 45 male and 54 female, and Catholics and Jews are still not represented as residents. 1931 Fiersbach got its own post office Class II in the district of the post office Asbach.
The two world wars of the 20th century also claimed their victims in Fiersbach among residents and civilians who were drafted into the army. In 1945 half of the houses were set on fire by fighting American troops.
- Population development
The development of the population of Fiersbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Carsten Pauly became local mayor of Fiersbach on July 1, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 91.14% of the vote. Pauly is the successor to Siegfried Krämer, who held the office for 15 years.
Economy and Infrastructure
In addition to a few smaller commercial and commercial enterprises, six farms, including two full-time farms, manage around 83 hectares (as of 2005)
- Local community Fiersbach on the website of the Association of Altenkirchen
- Private website about Fiersbach
- Short portrait with a film about Fiersbach on SWR television
- Official website of the local community Fiersbach ( http://www.fiersbach-ortsgemeinde.de )
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Theo Winterscheid: From the history of the post in the Windhagener area. In: Windhagen - Ein Heimatbuch , Economica Verlag, Bonn 1994, p. 113.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Fiersbach. Retrieved December 23, 2019 .
- Mitteilungsblatt Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen: From the constituent meeting of the local council on July 1, 2019. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, edition 31/2019, accessed on December 23, 2019 .
- Dominique Haufe: Siegfried Krämer hands over office. Rhein-Zeitung, accessed on December 23, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 13th line of results. Retrieved December 23, 2019 .