|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Betzdorf-Gebhardshain|
|Height :||408 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||1.45 km 2|
|Residents:||345 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||238 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57520|
|Area code :||02747|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 020|
|Association administration address:||Hellerstraße 2
|Local Mayor :||Hermann Roth|
|Location of the local community Dickendorf in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Dickendorf is located in the Westerwald about two kilometers southeast of Gebhardshain in the Elbbachtal on the edge of an extensive forest area. Other neighboring communities are Molzhain in the north, Elben in the northeast, Steinebach / Sieg in the southwest, Elkenroth in the southeast and Kausen in the northeast. The Elbbach flows through the village and flows into the Sieg at Wissen-Schönstein .
The Rosenheimerlay residential area belongs to Dickendorf .
The development of the population of Dickendorf, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The local council in Dickendorf consists of eight council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman. In the 2014 election, there was still a majority vote, as only one list ran.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
|2014||by majority vote||8 seats|
|2009||by majority vote||8 seats|
- WGH = Hamacher voter group
- WGP = Voting Group Platten
- WGR = Roth voters group
The local mayor of Dickendorf is Hermann Roth. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected with 67.11% of the vote and is thus the successor to Andreas Hahmann.
coat of arms
Blazon : "Under a red shield head covered with three silver diamonds in bars, a black bell in gold over two blue corrugated strips, accompanied by two green beech branches, below a black, eight-spoke mill wheel as well as an oblique left baking knife and a loaf of bread."
On June 15, 2012, the state main archives confirmed that the heraldic design of the coat of arms that had been adopted was heraldically flawless. The coat of arms of the local community was approved by the Altenkirchen district administration on January 26, 2013, and the certificate was presented in a festive setting by District Administrator Michael Lieber on the same day.
Culture and sights
- The Dickendorfer Mill , first mentioned in 1529, belongs to the neighboring village of Molzhain and is one of the oldest functioning water mills in the region. It can be visited and also organizes an “open day” every year on the nationwide Mill Day .
- The bell beech Dickendorf ( natural monument ) replaced the church tower in the place; the bell was placed in the fork of the two main branches. In spring 2013 the beech was felled due to rot. Since 2014 the bell has been hanging in a bell tower that was built near the former location.
see also: List of cultural monuments in Dickendorf
- The Friends of Historical Backes e. V. takes care of the maintenance of the village back.
- The swimming club Dickendorf 1931 e. V. is the operator of the outdoor pool and a nearby clubhouse that can be rented for celebrations.
- The MGV Heimatklänge Dickendorf 1925 is the oldest cultural association in place.
Economy and Infrastructure
Numerous marked hiking trails, including to a Backes still in operation, offer opportunities for relaxation. The local community has a solar-heated swimming pool with leisure facilities and a barbecue hut. Dickendorf is on the Scheuerfeld – Emmerzhausen railway line , on which, however, there is no passenger traffic, only goods traffic through the Westerwaldbahn .
- Konrad Fuchs: History of the Gebhardshain Association 1815-1970. Mainz 1982, ISBN 3-87439-082-9 .
- Local community Dickendorf on the website of the Gebhardshain community
- Detailed history of the Dickendorfer mill. Retrieved October 6, 2019 .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 13 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Dickendorf. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2014 Dickendorf. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2009 Dickendorf. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Betzdorf-Gebhardshain, Verbandsgemeinde, fourth line of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .