|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||195 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.82 km 2|
|Residents:||750 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||266 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57641|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 083|
|LOCODE :||DE OLR|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Mayoress :||Anneliese Rosenstein|
|Location of the municipality of Oberlahr in the Altenkirchen district (Westerwald)|
Oberlahr belonged to the Electorate of Cologne , whose remnants on the right bank of the Rhine were dissolved in 1803 due to the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss and assigned to the Principality of Nassau-Usingen . In 1806 the area belonged to the Duchy of Nassau and came to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815 due to the resolutions of the Congress of Vienna and an additional treaty . Under the Prussian administration, Oberlahr was assigned to the Flammersfeld mayor in the newly established Altenkirchen district , which from 1822 belonged to the Rhine Province .
In the Oberlahr fire disaster on Advent Sunday, December 12th, 1790, almost the entire place burned down. 200 of the 3000 existing oaks from the Oberlahrer woodlands were needed for the reconstruction. Depending on the size of their houses and the damage caused, the oak trees were assigned to the "burned down" for repair or new construction.
- Population development
The development of the population of Oberlahr, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Anneliese Rosenstein became the local mayor of Oberlahr in 2009. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, she was confirmed in her office for another five years with a share of 77.53% of the votes.
Culture and sights
In the center of the village is the restored church square with the St. Antonius Church, the historic village backs and the parish hall.
Honorary citizen Karl Becker ("Beckersch Karl", 1922 / 23–2010), politician (CDU), was from 1961 to 1975 in Oberlahr and subsequently to 1989 in the community of Flammersfeld .
- Internet presence of the local community Oberlahr
- Ortgemeinde Oberlahr on the webpage of the Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 9 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Oberlahr. Retrieved January 5, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 43rd line of results. Retrieved January 5, 2020 .
- St. Antonius Oberlahr. Oberlahr parish, accessed on September 22, 2018 .
- Heinz-Günter Augst: Mourning for "Beckersch Karl". Rhein-Zeitung (source: press archive of the Burglahr community), August 3, 2010, accessed on January 5, 2020 .