Berod near Hachenburg
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||306 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.05 km 2|
|Residents:||562 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||111 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57614|
|Area code :||02680|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 201|
|LOCODE :||DE BQC|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
|Local Mayor :||Stephan Mueller|
|Location of the local community Berod near Hachenburg in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The community is located in the Westerwald , about 7 km south of the district town of Altenkirchen and 10 km west of Hachenburg . Neighboring towns are Borod in the north, Wahlrod in the east, Lautzert in the west and Herperoth in the north-west. To the south of the village is the Beroder forest , which merges into the Oberdreiser or Wahlroder forest . The ponds in it, former ore mines ( quartzite ), which are now under nature protection, are located directly on the border to the neighboring districts of Neuwied and the Westerwaldkreis .
The place was first mentioned in a document in 1385. In the course of the Rhineland-Palatinate municipal reform in 1970, the community went to the then newly formed Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen and the district of Altenkirchen; she had previously belonged to the Oberwesterwaldkreis .
An open pit quartzite mine used to be economically important . After the first prospecting work in the "quarries" was carried out in 1921, the extraction of the raw material , which was used for glass , porcelain and for the manufacture of refractory materials, began. After the deposits had been fully exploited, new quartzite deposits were developed in the “barley”. Finally, this company had to be closed in 1984. Today the community is predominantly agricultural. There is also a well-known pallet factory and two logistics companies .
- Population development
The development of the population of Berod bei Hachenburg, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Stephan Müller became the local mayor of Berod on July 7, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 74.19% of the vote. Müller is the successor to Ginette Ruchnewitz, who had held the office for ten years and never took up office again.
The district is characterized by predominantly intensively used agriculture and a large proportion of forest. Various commercial and commercial enterprises still exist in the village.
- SC Union Berod-Wahlrod
- The Heimatverein Berod and the Kirmesgesellschaft strive to preserve local customs.
- The sponsoring association Freiwillige Feuerwehr Löschzug Berod eV has the task of supporting the fire services of the fire brigade Berod of the local community fire brigade Altenkirchen.
- Local community Berod near Hachenburg on the pages of their own website
- Local community Berod near Hachenburg on the website of the Association of Altenkirchen
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Berod near Hachenburg. Retrieved December 20, 2019 .
- Markus Kratzer: New local chief in Berod: Stephan Müller succeeds Ginette Ruchnewitz. Rhein-Zeitung, July 7, 2019, accessed on December 20, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, penultimate line of results. Retrieved December 20, 2019 .