|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Hamm (victory)|
|Height :||200 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.5 km 2|
|Residents:||1435 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||261 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57589|
|Area code :||02682|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 091|
|LOCODE :||DE PCT|
|Community structure:||7 districts|
|Association administration address:||Lindenallee 2
57577 Hamm (Sieg)
|Local Mayor :||Udo Seidler|
|Location of the local community of Pracht in the Altenkirchen district (Westerwald)|
The municipality includes the districts of Pracht, Niederhausen, Wickhausen, Bitzbruch, Hassel, Heinrichshütte and Flemmershof.
The place Pracht is mentioned in documents as early as 1300.
Until the middle of the 17th century, Pracht belonged to the county of Sayn . After the introduction of the Reformation in the county of Sayn, the inhabitants were first Lutheran and later reformed . In 1603 the Magnificent Mill was lent to Valentin Tyldes. After the division of the state of Sayn in the 17th century belonged to Birkenbeul Sayn-Hachenburg .
Splendor formed a separate administrative district called “Sende” within the parish of Hamm , to which the places Bitzbruch, Hassel, Niederhausen and Wickhausen also belonged. The county of Sayn-Hachenburg fell to the princes of Nassau-Weilburg by inheritance in 1799 . In 1806 the two Nassau princes joined the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine and Pracht was part of the Duchy of Nassau from 1806 onwards . Due to the agreements made at the Congress of Vienna (1814-1815), the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia .
Splendor was under the Prussian administration mayoralty Hamm in the newly built district of Altenkirchen in the administrative district of Coblenz assigned that from 1822 to the Rhine province belonged.
Pracht has been part of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946 .
- Population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Pracht, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Udo Seidler is the local mayor of Pracht. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 78.56% of the vote.
The "Hohegrete" train stop of the Oberwesterwaldbahn ( Kreuztal - Siegen - Betzdorf (Sieg) - Au (Sieg) - Altenkirchen (Westerwald) - Hachenburg - Nistertal / Bad Marienberg - Westerburg - Diez Ost - Limburg an der Lahn ) is located in the district of Wickhausen , which is served by the local trains of the line RB 90 of the Westerwald-Sieg-Bahn of the Hessische Landesbahn (HLB) according to the Rhineland-Palatinate cycle in both directions, also on weekends and on public holidays. On the Au-Altenkirchen section, there is sometimes a 30-minute cycle from Monday to Friday .
The Au (Sieg) train station is about four minutes away by train. There is connection to Rhein-Sieg-Express (RE 9) disposed between Aachen , Cologne , Siegburg / Bonn and Au to Siegen commutes to train the line 12 (Au-Siegburg Troisdorf-Cologne-Horrem-Düren) and to the regional train, which commutes between Au and Dillenburg. Park-and-ride facilities for cars and motorcycles are located at the Au and Altenkirchen train stations, as well as a bike-and-ride facility for bicycles in Altenkirchen .
The tariff of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein Sieg (VRS) is recognized as a transitional tariff from the VRS region to the Altenkirchen district. The district has also been a member of the Rhein-Mosel transport association (VRM) since January 1, 2009 . You can therefore travel to the Hohegrete stop at these two tariffs as well as the DB or HLB tariff.
- Paul Herbert: The magnificent mill and its end , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 15 (1972), pp. 65–73.
- Norbert Langenbach: The Hohegrethe mine near Wickhausen, Altenkirchen district. A pit in the Siegerland-Wied district , 2nd updated edition, Roth 2001.
- Norbert Langenbach: The last shift over 100 years ago - the “Hohegrethe” mine near Wickhausen , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 46 (2003), pp. 188–198.
- Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), pp. 219-237 (on the historical development of the mill in splendor).
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in plan , in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in the ground plan, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58 (2015), pp. 74-80.
- Daniel Schneider: The mill trade in the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen, in: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 59 (2016), p. 221.
- Wilhelm Fabricius : Explanations of the historical atlas of the Rhine province, Volume 2: The map of 1789. Bonn 1898, p. 371.
- Negotiations of the State Deputy Assembly by resolution ..., Volume 1 , 1836, p. 583
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Splendor. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Hamm (Sieg), Verbandsgemeinde, tenth line of the result. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .