|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Betzdorf-Gebhardshain|
|Height :||382 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.97 km 2|
|Residents:||1885 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||316 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57580|
|Area code :||02747|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 039|
|LOCODE :||DE GBA|
|Association administration address:||Hellerstraße 2
|Local Mayor :||Jürgen Giehl ( FWG )|
|Location of the local community Gebhardshain in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Gebhardshain is a municipality in the Altenkirchen (Westerwald) district in Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the Betzdorf-Gebhardshain community . Until January 1, 2017, it was the administrative seat of an association of the same name , which merged with the association of Betzdorf . According to state planning, Gebhardshain is designated as a basic center.
The local community is located on the northern foothills of the Westerwald to Siegerland, southwest of Betzdorf and southeast of Wissen ; Neighboring communities are Wissen in the north and northwest, Elben in the east, Steinebach / Sieg in the south, Fensdorf and Selbach in the west. Extensive forest areas extend southwest of the place, with which the district borders on the municipalities of Kundert and Mörsbach in the Westerwaldkreis .
The annual precipitation is 1058 mm. The rainfall is high. They are in the upper quarter of the values recorded in Germany. Lower values are registered at 88% of the measuring stations of the German Weather Service . The driest month is April, with the most rainfall in December. Then there will be 1.5 times more rainfall than in April. The rainfall varies moderately. Lower seasonal fluctuations are recorded at 45% of the measuring stations .
Gebhardshain is first mentioned in a document in 1220. The place name can clearly be traced back to a personal name, probably a Gebhard from the Konradin family , who probably lived around the year 1000. In the 13th century Gebhardshain was the seat of the knight family von Gevertzhagen, who appeared as lay judges in court documents as early as 1216. The family was fiefdoms of the Counts of Sayn . In 1378 they recognized the Elector of Trier as their liege lord, with which Gebhardshain came not only to the Diocese of Trier , but also to Kurtrier , the secular territory of the Archbishop of Trier . Gebhardshain is on the border with the Archdiocese of Cologne , which begins in Knowledge .
- Population development
The development of the population of Gebhardshain, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Gebhardshain consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voters Group Gebhardshain e. V.
The local mayor of Gebhardshain is Jürgen Giehl (FWG). In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 55.54% of the vote.
Culture and sights
There are two churches in Gebhardshain: the Catholic Church of St. Maria Magdalena (left in the picture) and the Protestant Church (right in the picture). Until July 31, 1859, both denominations (2500 Catholics and 280 Evangelicals) used the 13th century church as a Simultaneum . After the separation, the church, which was in great need of renovation and which was initially intended to be renovated, was demolished except for the tower, which with its bells and clock belonged to the municipality, and rebuilt as a three-aisled, romanticizing Byzantine basilica in 1860/62. The tower was increased in 1900. The victory Burger Builder Court was based in drafting the plans for the new building on a concept that Ernst Friedrich Zwirner 1850/51 for the Church in Stieldorf had designed.
The Protestants received 5,750 thalers for their share. The then 1862 (23 March laying of the foundation stone) to 1863 (22 July inauguration) according to plans of the district builder L. Fortemps, Kirchen , under the supervision of the builder Court, who had also built the Catholic Church, for 31,800 thalers from the Nümbrecht company Dickel built nave, five-axis nave church with projecting tower and retracted überwölbtem 5/8 choir circuit and masonry white Grooved greywacke and time-typical individual elements of Rundbogenstil got in 1869 an organ, which in 1901 by an instrument of the company Eberhard Friedrich Walcker replaced with ten stops and two manuals has been.
There is a local history museum in Gebhardshain, which was opened in 1999. Various household appliances from the past are on display there. In addition, there has been a doll museum since September 1, 2001, in which you can see over 50 dolls.
Gebhardshain celebrates two annually recurring festivals.
- The four-day fair around the first Sunday in August provides the framework for the simultaneous shooting festival. The village youth is responsible for the traditional supporting program and for music and dance in the marquee with the erection of the fair tree, an opening speech and a soap box race around the village church on fair Sunday.
- At the traditional autumn market, in addition to products from rural areas and modern arts and crafts, a variety of regional delicacies are offered. For the children, what the cattle dealers have to offer becomes a petting zoo.
- In addition, a performance exhibition takes place every four years in the Westerwaldschule. Regional companies present their products here.
Economy and Infrastructure
Gebhardshain's employees usually commute to other workplaces. In the village itself, regional tourism with a focus on senior trips and family vacations from the nearby metropolitan areas is an important seasonal employer. An Aussiedlerhof on the Straße nach Wissen is the only full-time farm.
After several years of political dispute was on the Won game piece the village a southwest wind park consisting of several wind turbines of the type Nordex / built N90 2300 with a hub height of 100 meters, a rotor diameter of 90 meters and a total height of 145 meters. The nominal output of the plants is 2.3 MW each .
Gebhardshain has the second administrative headquarters of the association, the Astrid Lindgren Primary School and the Westerwald School , a regional secondary school, as well as the St. Vinzenzhaus, a nursing home for the elderly of the cusanus trägergesellschaft trier .
Sons and daughters of the place
- Friedrich Gebauer (1830–1903), textile and machine manufacturer in Berlin
- Konrad Fuchs (1928–2015), Professor of History at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Walter Pauli (1953–1975), police officer in Cologne, grew up in Gebhardshain
- Jessica Weller (* 1983), member of the CDU state parliament in the Rhineland-Palatinate state parliament
- Konrad Fuchs: History of the Gebhardshain Association. Mainz 1982, ISBN 3-87439-082-9 .
- Gebhardshainer Heimatfreunde e. V. (Hrsg.): Contributions to the history, dialect and regional studies of Gebhardshain. Wewa-Druck, Gebhardshain 1995.
- Hellmuth Gensicke : On the local history of Nassau: parish and court of Neukirch. In: Nassauische Annalen 1981. pp. 150-168.
- Benedikt Märzheuser: The Gebhardshainer Land, economic development over the last 100 years. Richter-Druck, Elkenroth 1980.
- Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in the plan. In: Heimat-Jahrbuch des Kreis Altenkirchen 58. 2015, pp. 74–80.
There is a mostly folkloric and verbal rivalry with the neighboring town of Steinebach. In this context, the victory of Gebhardshain on May 29, 2010 over the neighboring town of Steinebach with 3: 1 in the competition “Mayor championship” of the radio station RPR1 must be seen.
- Local community Gebhardshain on the website of the Gebhardshain Association
- Gebhardshainer Heimatfreunde e. V.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Result of the 2019 municipal council election
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Betzdorf-Gebhardshain, Verbandsgemeinde, eighth line of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- On denominational development cf. Daniel Schneider: The development of denominations in the county of Sayn in the plan, pp. 74-80.
- Karl Dünhof: History of the Protestant community Gebhardshain. Siegblätter-Verlag, Betzdorf o. J. (1958) p. 57 ff.
- Hermann-Josef Roth: The Westerwald . Cologne, DuMont, 1981, p. 77.
- Directory of the new Protestant church buildings in the Rhineland 1860–1914 (1927) Uni Duisburg-Essen p. 21.
- Dünhof p. 77.
- Goal: Wind farm with 20 wheels on the grid in spring 2014 . In: Rhein-Zeitung . June 5, 2012. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- Gebhardshain wins RPR1 mayor championship. In: Rhein-Zeitung . May 30, 2010, accessed November 30, 2019 .