|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Basic data (as of 2017)|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Area :||48.99 km 2|
|Residents:||10,797 (Dec. 31, 2015)|
|Population density :||220 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||AK|
|Association key :||07 1 32 5005|
|Association structure:||12 municipalities|
|Association administration address
The Verbandsgemeinde Gebhardshain was an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional body in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald) in Rhineland-Palatinate . The association community consisted of twelve independent local communities , the administrative seat was in the eponymous community Gebhardshain .
On January 1, 2017, the Gebhardshain association was dissolved, and the associated municipalities were assigned to the new Betzdorf-Gebhardshain association.
Association members communities
|Local parish||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Rosenheim (Altenkirchen district)||4.10||767|
|Steinebach / victory||4.55||1,241|
(Residents as of December 31, 2015)
Development of the population, based on the area of the Gebhardshain community when it was dissolved, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The last municipal council in Gebhardshain consisted of 28 honorary council members who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 25, 2014 , and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Group Verbandsgemeinde Gebhardshain eV
Since July 1, 2002, the CDU local politician Konrad Schwan, elected in the first ballot on October 28, 2001 with a share of the votes of 51.11%, has been mayor. On September 27, 2009, he was re-elected for a second term ending June 30, 2018. The share of the vote this time was 82.4%.
- 1964-1975: Hermann Hendricks (until 1968 mayor of the Gebhardshain office )
- 1975‒1984: Roland Schons
- 1984‒2002: Günter Schneider
- 2002–2016: Konrad Schwan (* 1953) (CDU)
coat of arms
Blazon : "In the red field three silver diamonds diagonally to the right, accompanied by three golden lilies above and below."
Significance: The coat of arms of the Gebhardshain community takes on the coat of arms of the von Gevertzhagen family, which has been mentioned in several documents since the first half of the 13th century and which was wealthy in the area around Gebhardshain.
- Konrad Fuchs : History of the Gebhardshain Association. 1815-1970. Krach, Mainz 1982, ISBN 3-87439-082-9 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate Number of residents in the municipalities on December 31, 2015
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, Verbandsgemeinderatswahlen
- Overview of the mayors on the website of the Gebhardshain community
- Description of the coat of arms on the website of the Gebhardshain community