Steinebach / victory
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Betzdorf-Gebhardshain|
|Height :||350 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.55 km 2|
|Residents:||1211 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||266 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57520|
|Area code :||02747|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 107|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Hellerstraße 2
|Local Mayor :||Hans-Joachim Greb|
|Location of the municipality of Steinebach / Sieg in the Altenkirchen district (Westerwald)|
The community of Steinebach / Sieg is located in a valley, while the districts of Bindweide and Biesenstück are located a little higher east of the main town.
Steinebach borders in the north on the municipality of Elben , in the east on Dickendorf , in the southeast on Rosenheim , in the south on Malberg , in the southwest on Kundert ( Westerwaldkreis ) and in the west and northwest on the municipality Gebhardshain .
Steinebach was first mentioned in 1292 in a Marienstatter document as "Steynebach". Later names are "Steyntenbach" (1409), "Stentenbach" (1471) and "Steynbach" (1480). Steinebach belonged to the parish Gebhardshain and the Saynischen office Freusburg.
Mining in Steinebach has been documented since 1745.
The community received the suffix "/ Sieg" on March 1, 1987.
- Population development
The development of the population of Steinebach / Sieg, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Steinebach / Sieg consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- WGS = Voter Group Steinebach e. V.
- WGD = voter group Diedershagen
- WGSch = Schneider-Solbach voter group (emerged from the Solbach-Weib voter group)
- WGW = electoral group Solbach-Weib
The local mayor of Steinebach is Hans-Joachim Greb. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 69.75% of the vote.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Shield split by a curved golden tip, inside a gold-grooved black archway (tunnel entrance) growing out of the edge of the shield, the diagonally crossed black hammer and mallet enclosing a golden ear of wheat in front, a silver ' frog lamp ' with a goldenone in redFlame."|
Culture and sights
- The " Bindweide visitor mine " can be visited in the village .
- There is also the Westerwald Museum of Motorcycles and Technology in Steinebach.
Every year at the beginning of May / end of April the Zusselfest takes place in Steinebach, which is known far beyond the region . Furthermore, a slaughter festival for the local volunteer fire brigade will be celebrated in October . A mineral exchange also takes place annually.
- Volunteer fire brigade with the oldest youth fire brigade in the Altenkirchen district.
- Kyffhäuser Kameradschaft, founded in 1879 and thus the oldest local association.
- Musikverein Steinebach eV, founded in 1963.
- Kirmesgesellschaft Steinebach / Sieg eV, founded in 1989
Economy and Infrastructure
On the southern outskirts of Steinebach there is an industrial park, which was developed in the 1980s. Since then, some small and medium-sized companies have settled here. An expansion of the Steinebach industrial park is being planned due to the utilization of the existing space. The station Gebhardshain-Steinebach was on the railway line Scheuerfeld-Emmerzhausen . There are also commercially used areas in the Bindweide district . Among other things, the Westerwaldbahn GmbH is located here.
- Konrad Fuchs: History of the Gebhardshain Association. 1815-1970. Mainz 1982, ISBN 3-87439-082-9 .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 205 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Steinebach. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2014 Steinebach. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal council election 2009 Steinebach. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .
- AK-Kurier: Schneider-Solbach voter group is formed in Steinebach. April 10, 2019, accessed November 15, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Betzdorf-Gebhardshain, Verbandsgemeinde, 16th line of results. Retrieved November 15, 2019 .