|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||237 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.82 km 2|
|Residents:||119 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||25 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57632|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 060|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Stefan Fey|
|Location of the local community Kescheid in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Kescheid is about three kilometers northwest of Flammersfeld .
The districts of Hardt and Püscheid also belong to the local community of Kescheid.
Kescheid belonged to the parish of Flammersfeld in the county of Sayn since 1490 at the latest . After the division of the county in the 17th century, Kescheid came to Sayn-Hachenburg . In 1799 this county fell to the princes of Nassau-Weilburg and belonged to the Duchy of Nassau from 1806 to 1815 . Due to the resolutions of the Congress of Vienna and a treaty between Nassau and Prussia , the former parish of Flammersfeld came to the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815. Kescheid was assigned to the administration of the then newly formed Flammersfeld mayor in the Altenkirchen district .
- Population development
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
56% of the residents of Kescheid are Protestant, 13% Catholic. The Protestants are assigned to the Evangelical Church Community Flammersfeld in the Altenkreis parish of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland . The Catholics belong to the parish of St. Antonius in Oberlahr , Archdiocese of Cologne .
Stefan Fey became mayor of Kescheid in 2014. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of the vote of 87.23%. Stefan Fey's predecessor in office was Hans-Joachim Schochow, against whom Fey was able to prevail in the runoff election of the repeat election on September 28, 2014 .
Kescheid is a place characterized by agriculture, where three full-time farms and five part-time farms work on around 300 hectares of usable area (as of 2010).
- Please note the listed buildings of the courtyard and the half-timbered house in Hardter Strasse 14 and two half-timbered houses in Püscheid (Hardter Strasse 6 and 8).
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Hellmuth Gensicke: Landesgeschichte des Westerwaldes . 3. Edition. Historical Commission for Nassau, Wiesbaden 1999, p. 433, ISBN 3-922244-80-7 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- 2011 census
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Kescheid. Accessed December 31, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 31st line of results. Retrieved December 29, 2019 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Direct election 2014 Kescheid. October 1, 2014, accessed December 31, 2019 .
- Informational directory of cultural monuments, Keris Altenkirchen , page 13 (PDF; 1.4 MB)