|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||200 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.99 km 2|
|Residents:||294 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||98 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57632|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 103|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Wilfried Klein|
|Location of the local community Seelbach (Westerwald) in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
The hamlet of Bettgenhausen also belongs to Seelbach .
Seelbach belonged to the parish of Flammersfeld in the county of Sayn and was first mentioned in the documents of the parish court in 1569. After the division of the County of Sayn, Seelbach belonged to the County of Sayn-Hachenburg until 1799 . Until 1806 the place was under the rule of Nassau-Weilburg and until 1815 it belonged to the Duchy of Nassau . In 1815 the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia , and from an administrative point of view, Seelbach belonged to the Flammersfeld mayor in the newly formed Altenkirchen district in 1816 .
Around 1900 the community built a bridge over the Wied, which until then could only be crossed by a ford . In 1911 the "Flammersfeld train station" was built in Seelbach, and until 1968 there was a separate elementary school in Seelbach , where eight years were taught in one room. Das Rote Haus eV has been organizing a music and cabaret program since the 1980s .
Since 1946 the place has belonged to the then newly created state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
- Population development
The development of the population of Seelbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Wilfried Klein became the local mayor of Seelbach in 2014. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for another five years with a share of the vote of 69.59%.
There is an agricultural business in the village as well as several small craft, commercial and service businesses.
- List of cultural monuments in Seelbach (Westerwald)
- List of natural monuments in Seelbach (Westerwald)
- Website of the community of Seelbach (Westerwald)
- Local community Seelbach on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 1, 2017 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 9 (PDF; 1.9 MB).
- Hellmuth Gensicke : Landesgeschichte des Westerwaldes . 3. Edition. Historical Commission for Nassau, Wiesbaden 1999, page 433; ISBN 3-922244-80-7
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: City Council Election 2019 Seelbach. Accessed December 31, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 57th result line. Accessed December 31, 2019 .