|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||285 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.63 km 2|
|Residents:||371 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||141 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57635|
|Area code :||02681|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 118|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
|Local Mayor :||Thomas Lindner|
|Location of the local community Wölmersen in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
Wölmersen is located in the Westerwald , near the federal highway 8 , about seven kilometers from Altenkirchen . Neighboring communities are Oberirsen in the northwest, Kettenhausen in the southeast and Birnbach in the southwest.
The settlement is founded in the 8th / 9th Century. The oldest written mention of Wölmersen comes from the year 1413; Wilmershuißen is documented as an early version of the place name . The original form of settlement can be compared with the garrison villages as they were created in the 9th century.
For the year 1620, 15 smokes (that is, houses, farms or households) are mentioned in Wölmersen, which is likely to have corresponded to around 75 inhabitants.
- Population development
The development of the population of Wölmersen, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Thomas Lindner became the local mayor of Wölmersen in 2019. Since there was no candidate in the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected by the local council. Thomas Lindner's predecessor was Ernst's student.
coat of arms
Wölmersen has had its own coat of arms since 2004 . The coat of arms shows the Sayn leoparded lion for belonging to the former county of Sayn . The stripes point to the old Heerstraße and Kohlstraße and the Ilex branch gives an indication of the forest, which is richly overgrown with the protected holly .
Economy and Infrastructure
There are several small businesses with a total of approx. 40 jobs on site, most of them from the Missions- und Bildungswerk Neues Leben e. V. are provided.
Furthermore, a full-time agricultural business and several part-time farmers are located in Wölmersen. The agriculturally used area has decreased in recent years. In the center of the village there is a community center and at the edge of the forest the local community maintains a sports and leisure facility.
On the outskirts there is a large leisure and seminar center of the Missions and Bildungswerk Neues Leben eV and the campus of the Rhineland Theological Seminar with its areas of media, leisure time, evangelism and diakonia.
Clubs and celebrations
- The football club Wölmersen organizes a sports week every year.
- The Working Group for Local History and Customs Care eV collects information on local history and culture.
- Customs include putting up a maypole , the oak festival (a street or summer festival organized by the village youth), the summer festival of the New Life Center, as well as the Martinszug and Martinsfeuer .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal Council Election 2019 Wölmersen. Accessed December 30, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 67th result line. Accessed December 30, 2019 .
- Local community Wölmersen: Wölmersen. Accessed December 30, 2019 .