|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
|Association municipality :||Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld|
|Height :||300 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||0.71 km 2|
|Residents:||150 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||211 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||57632|
|Area code :||02685|
|License plate :||AK|
|Community key :||07 1 32 119|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rathausstrasse 13
57610 Altenkirchen (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Elmar Chylka|
|Location of the local community Ziegenhain in the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald)|
With its 0.71 km², Ziegenhain is one of the smallest municipalities in Germany in terms of area. It is located on a plateau and offers a beautiful view of the Westerwald to the south and east . In the northwest there is an extensive forest area.
The district of Ziegenhahn also belongs to the local community of Ziegenhain. Ziegenhahn originally belonged to the Orfgen municipality .
Ziegenhain was first mentioned in writing in 1556 and the place Ziegenhahn was first mentioned a year later.
Ziegenhain belonged to the county of Sayn-Altenkirchen and the parish of Mehren until 1806 . The county of Sayn-Altenkirchen came to Prussia by inheritance in 1791 and was awarded to the Principality of Nassau-Usingen in 1803 in the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss . In 1806 the two Nassau princes joined the Napoleonic Rhine Confederation , so that from 1806 the region belonged to the Duchy of Nassau . A participant in the Congress of Vienna made (1815) agreements, the territory of the former saynischen counties was to the Kingdom of Prussia ceded .
- Population development
The development of the population of Ziegenhain in relation to today's municipal area; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Ecclesiastically, Ziegenhain belongs to the parish of Mehren with its Protestant church. The majority of the Ziegenhainers are Protestant.
Elmar Chylka became mayor of Ziegenhain on June 25, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 61.47% of the vote. Elmar Chylka's predecessor was Ute Müller, who held the office for 18 years.
Culture and sights
In the local area there are some mighty oaks that are over a hundred years old.
The highlights of the year are the May Festival from April 30th to May 1st with the erection of the maypole and on November 11th the traditional St. Martin's parade for the local children.
The center of social life is the community center in the town center.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 13 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved August 20, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections. Retrieved August 20, 2019 .
- Information sheet Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen: Elmar Chylka is now at the head of the municipality Ziegenhain. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, edition 28/2019, accessed on December 31, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 68th result line. Accessed December 31, 2019 .