|Canton :||Zurich (ZH)|
|BFS no. :||0180|
|Postal code :||8484 Neschwil
|Height range :||489–735 m above sea level M.|
|Area :||12.81 km²|
|Residents:||3384 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||264 inhabitants per km²|
Proportion of foreigners :
|10.9% (December 31, 2018)|
|Mayor :||Andrea Conzett (WF Wisliger Forum)|
|Location of the municipality|
coat of arms
- In silver a curly black tip, covered and separated by three stars in confused colors.
Weisslingen also includes the external watchdogs Dettenried , Lendikon , Theilingen , Neschwil and Schwändi . The municipality of Weisslingen is located in the Zurich Oberland on a hill that slopes towards the Tösstal in the north and against the Kemptthal in the south . The dominant feature is the brewery pond approx. 1 km south of the village of Weisslingen, which was artificially created in the 19th century to supply the brewery that was then available with ice. A second, smaller artificial pond, the Theiliger Weiher, is located between Weisslingen and Theilingen.
The area of the municipality Weisslingen was probably settled as early as the Hallstatt and Latène times. There was a Roman settlement in Zihlacker. Tombs from the 5th and 6th centuries AD testify to the settlement by the Alemanni . Weisslingen and Theillingen were first mentioned on September 10, 745 and on December 22, 764 when goods were transferred to the St. Gallen monastery . A molino (mill) zu Weisslingen is mentioned in the deed of 764, making it the oldest in the canton of Zurich. The Weisslingen Historical Society, which also runs the local museum , deals with the history of the community .
In addition to numerous small businesses in the typical craft sectors , Weisslingen has a centrally located Volg that offers everyday goods and several restaurants are spread across the municipality. A bakery, a butcher's shop, a post office and a Landi branch with articles for gardeners and farmers are also integrated into the Volg . The municipality has one of the highest proportions of single-family houses in the canton.
Weisslingen is part of the Zürcher Verkehrsverbund and can be reached with the 832 bus from Kollbrunn and Pfäffikon ZH and the 640 bus from Illnau-Effretikon . There are connections to the Zurich S-Bahn network at all of these locations .
There are five local parties in Weisslingen: EPP , GLP , SP, SVP and Wisliger Forum. Andrea Conzett (Wisliger Forum) has been the mayor since 2016, Martin Rüegg (SVP) was the predecessor until 2016. SVP representatives were mayor of the community for more than 20 years until 2016.
|Members of the Weisslinger Municipal Council (2018-2022)|
|Surname||Taking office||function||Political party|
|Conzett Andrea||2010/2016||Mayor||(WF Wisliger Forum)|
|Bachofner Marianne||2014||Education / School President||SVP|
|Martin Pascal||2018||Building Construction / Real Estate / Agriculture - Forestry / 1st Vice President||SVP|
|Geiser Patrick||2018||Civil engineering / Works / 2nd Vice President||(WF Wisliger Forum)|
|Wangler Clemens||2018||Social / youth||(WF Wisliger Forum)|
|Werren René||2015||Safety / environment / culture||SVP|
The school offer includes kindergartens, a primary and a secondary school. The latter is also used by the students in the neighboring community of Kyburg . The voters of the community decided in 2004 to make Weisslingen a unified community , i. H. to merge the primary, secondary and political communities. There is also a day school in the neighboring village of Neschwil, which is mainly attended by students from Illnau.
In recent times, the topic of aircraft noise in particular has sparked discussions in Weisslingen . The community is about 25 km from Zurich Airport as the crow flies and is overflown by aircraft landing on runway 28 ("east approach").
These are all hamlets of the Weisslingen community. Schwändi counts as an outside watch, because it consists of only a few houses.
- Hans Martin Gubler, The Art Monuments of the Canton of Zurich Volume 3: The Districts of Pfäffikon and Uster. Edited by the Society for Swiss Art History GSK. Bern 1978 (Art Monuments of Switzerland Volume 66). ISBN 3-7643-0991-1 . Pp. 201-224.
- Bernhard Schneider (Ed.), With the assistance of Daniel Meienberger; Authors: Charlotte Heer, Eva Krähenbühl, Claudia Weilenmann; Photos: Martin Müller: Weisslingen. Chronos Verlag Zurich 1993, ISBN 3-905311-20-8
- The village (About: how the building boom came to Weisslingen and changed the life of the long-established residents; local politics, village pub, asylum seekers and newcomers). In: NZZ Folio . 05/2007, Verlag Neue Zürcher Zeitung , Zurich 2007.
- Official website of the municipality of Weisslingen
- Statistical data from the canton on the municipality of Weisslingen
- Ueli Müller: Weisslingen. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .
- Data on the resident population by home, gender and age (community profile). Statistical Office of the Canton of Zurich, accessed on December 22, 2019 .
- Historical Association Weisslingen. Retrieved November 19, 2018.