46 BC Chr.
Portal history | Portal Biographies | Current events | Annual calendar
2nd century BC Chr. |
1st century BC Chr. |
1st century |
◄ | 60s BC Chr. | 50s BC Chr. | 40s BC Chr. | 30s BC Chr. | 20s v. Chr. | ►
◄◄ | ◄ | 49 BC Chr. | 48 BC Chr. | 47 BC Chr. | 46 BC Chr. | 45 BC Chr. | 44 BC Chr. | 43 BC Chr. | ► | ►►
|46 BC Chr.|
|Gaius Iulius Caesar wins the battle of Thapsus .|
|46 BC Chr. In other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||498/499 (southern Buddhism); 497/498 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||44th (45th) cycle , year of the wood-pig乙亥 ( at the beginning of the year wood-dog 甲戌)|
|Greek calendar||2nd / 3rd Year of the 183rd Olympiad|
|Roman calendar||from urbe condita DCCVIII (708)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 265/266; Syria: 266/267|
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||11/12|
Politics and world events
- Gaius Iulius Caesar takes his third consulate in the Roman Empire together with Marcus Aemilius Lepidus . The latter is also magister equitum for Caesar in his capacity as dictator .
- 4th January : Titus Labienus remains victorious over the troops of Gaius Iulius Caesar, whose officer he used to be, in the Battle of Ruspina thanks to his numerical superiority. A year later he is killed in the ongoing civil war in the battle of Munda against Caesar.
- April 6th : Gaius Iulius Caesar defeats the supporters of the Senate under Cato at Thapsus (cf. African War ) and receives the dictatorship for ten years.
- Caesar discovered the function of money as a means of power . For the first time a living Roman citizen is immortalized on a coin . Until then, only historical events were depicted for propaganda purposes . The new coins are an expression of the personality cult around the Roman dictator .
- The North African Tripolitania becomes a Roman province.
- Caesar founds the Colonia Iulia Paterna Arelate Sextanorum military colony near Arelate .
science and technology
- Caesar's reform of the Roman calendar is ongoing. The Roman calendar is from January 2, 45 BC. . BC by the Julian calendar replaced. In order to bring the new calendar in line with the position of the sun, the Roman year 708 a. u. c. extended to 445 days ( kinky year ). The last year (708 a. U. C.) Of the Roman calendar ends on January 1, 45 BC. Chr.
- Julius Caesar organizes the first Naumachie in Rome . For this purpose, he is having an artificial lake created on the Marsfeld . This spectacle depicts a battle between Phoenician and Egyptian ships. Allegedly four thousand rowers and two thousand deck soldiers take part in this battle, so that it is estimated that a total of 22 ships are involved. The rush of spectators is so great that spectators arriving from outside Rome have to camp out on the streets.
- Lucius Afranius , Roman politician (* around 112 BC )
- Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius Scipio , Roman politician and general (* around 97 BC )
- Marcus Porcius Cato , called Cato the Younger, Roman politician and general (* 95 BC )
- Faustus Cornelius Sulla , Roman politician (* around 88 BC )
- Lucius Iulius Caesar , Roman politician
- Sextus Iulius Caesar , Roman politician (* around 80 BC )
- Juba I. , Numidian king
- Mithridates of Pergamon , politician from Pergamon
- Marcus Petreius , Roman politician and general (* around 110 BC )
- Vercingetorix , prince of the Gallic-Celtic Arverni ( executed ) (* 82 BC )
- around 46 BC Chr .: Manius Aemilius Lepidus , Roman politician (* before 108 BC)
- around 46 BC Chr .: Gaius Aquilius Gallus , Roman politician (* around 116 BC )
Commons : 46 BC Chr. - collection of pictures, videos and audio files