Alexander utility needle
Alexander Nützenadel (born August 23, 1965 in Karlsruhe ) is a German historian .
Live and act
Alexander Nützenadel attended the Hölderlin-Gymnasium Heidelberg and graduated from high school in 1984 . From 1984 to 1990 he studied history , economics , computer science and Romance studies at the Georg-August University of Göttingen , the Free University of Berlin and with a DAAD scholarship at the University of Venice . 1992-1994 he was staying with a PhD scholarship at the German Historical Institute in Rome and in 1995 at the Faculty of University of Cologne with the work of agricultural, government and self-sufficiency doctorate . From 1995 to 2003 he was a research assistant at the Department of History at the University of Cologne and from 2000 to 2001 he worked on a Feodor Lynen fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at Columbia University in New York City . In 2004 he completed his habilitation in Cologne. From 2004 to 2005 he worked at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in Wassenaar .
In 2006 he was appointed professor for comparative European economic and social history at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder) . There he was Vice Dean of the Faculty of Cultural Studies from 2007 to 2008 and Vice President for Research from 2008 to 2009 . Since 2009 he has been Professor of Social and Economic History at the Institute for History at the Humboldt University in Berlin . From 2010 to 2012 he was a member of the Academic Senate and 2013 to 2014 Managing Director of the Institute for Historical Studies.
He has been a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the German Historical Institute in Washington since 2008 and has been its chairman since 2012. He is a member of the Association of Historians in Germany and the Working Group for Legal Studies and Contemporary History at the Academy of Sciences and Literature Mainz . Since 2013 he has been the spokesman for the Independent Commission of Historians dealing with the history of the Reich Ministry of Labor during the Nazi era. He is co-editor of the journal Neue Politische Literatur and the series of critical studies on the science of history .
- 1995: Offermann Hergarten Prize from the University of Cologne for his dissertation on Agriculture, the State and Autarky
- 2006: René Kuczynski Prize for Economic History for the book Hour of the Economists
- 2006: Offermann-Hergarten-Prize of the University of Cologne for his habilitation thesis Hour of Economists
- Agriculture, the state and self-sufficiency. Agricultural Policy in Fascist Italy (1922–1943) (= Library of the German Historical Institute in Rome. Volume 86). Dissertation. University of Cologne 1995. Niemeyer, Tübingen 1997, ISBN 3-484-82086-1 .
- Hour of economists. Science, politics and expert culture in the Federal Republic 1949–1974 (= critical studies on historical science . 166). Habilitation thesis. University of Cologne 2004. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2005, ISBN 3-525-35149-6 .
- with Werner Plumpe , Catherine R. Schenk: Deutsche Bank. The global house bank 1870–2020. Propylaea, Berlin 2020, ISBN 978-3-549-10016-5 .
- with Sabine Behrenbeck: productions of the nation state. Political celebrations in Italy and Germany since 1860/71 (= Cologne contributions to national research. Volume 7). SH, Cologne 2000, ISBN 3-89498-071-0 .
- with Christof Dipper , Lutz Klinkhammer : European social history. Festschrift for Wolfgang Schieder (= historical research. Volume 68). Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-428-09843-9 .
- with Wolfgang Schieder : Contemporary history as a problem. National traditions and perspectives of research in Europe (= history and society . Special issue 20). Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht, Göttingen 2004, ISBN 3-525-36420-2 .
- with Christoph Strupp : Taxation, State, and Civil Society in Germany and the United States from the 18th to the 20th Century. Nomos, Baden-Baden 2007, ISBN 978-3-8329-2818-6 .
- with Frank Trentmann : Food and Globalization. Consumption, Markets and Politics in the Modern World. Berg, Oxford / New York 2008, ISBN 978-1-84520-678-9 .
- with Andreas Fahrmeir , Jens Ivo Engels : Money - Gifts - Politics. Corruption in modern Europe (= historical magazine . Volume 48, supplement). Oldenbourg, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-486-58847-7 .
- with Christian Grabas: Industrial Policy in Europe after 1945. Wealth, Power and Economic Development in the Cold War. Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke 2013, ISBN 978-1-349-46074-8 .
- Literature by and about Alexander Nützenadel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Alexander Nützenadel on the website of the Humboldt University of Berlin
- ↑ Members of the working group for law and contemporary history at the Academy of Sciences and Literature Mainz
- ↑ René Kuczynski Prize 2006 to Alexander Nützenadel… of the International Conference of Labor and Social History
|SURNAME||Utility needle, Alexander|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 23, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Karlsruhe|