Amalie Auguste of Bavaria
On November 21, 1822, Princess Amalie Auguste married Prince Johann of Saxony , son of Prince Maximilian of Saxony and Princess Caroline of Bourbon-Parma in Dresden . He was the younger brother of the Saxon King Friedrich August II and became his successor on August 9, 1854. The marriage had nine children:
- Marie Auguste Friederike (1827-1857)
- King Albert I of Saxony (1828–1902) ⚭ 1853 Princess Carola von Wasa
- Elisabeth (1830–1912) ⚭ 1850 Prince Ferdinand of Savoy , Duke of Genoa; her daughter Margarethe (1851–1926) became queen of Italy.
- Friedrich August Ernst (1831–1847)
- King George I of Saxony (1832–1904) ⚭ 1859 Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal
- Sidonie (1834–1862)
- Anna (1836–1859) ⚭ 1856 Grand Duke Ferdinand IV of Tuscany
- Margarete (1840–1858) ⚭ 1856 Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria
- Sophie (1845–1867) ⚭ 1865 Duke Carl Theodor in Bavaria
During her frequent stays in Saxony, Crown Princess / Queen Elisabeth described her husband, Crown Prince / King Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia a. a. the family life of her twin sister Amalie.
From 1850 she was head of the women's association in Dresden, which was founded by her sister, Queen Marie of Saxony .
- Four letters from Amalie Auguste to Countess Ida Hahn-Hahn , June 3, 1870 to April 25, 1876
- Numerous letters to her twin sister Crown Princess / Queen Elisabeth of Prussia
- Karl Petermann: King Johann and Queen Amalie of Saxony, as well as the celebration of their golden anniversary. In: n.v .: stories. o. O., o. J.
- Friedrich Wilhelm IV of Prussia, Elisabeth von Baiern: Correspondence of the royal couple. Volume 2, Norderstedt 2015, ISBN 978-3-7392-5467-8 . (15 letters from Dresden in 1842, two from Dresden in 1843, 14 letters from Pilniz in 1843)
- Helmut Hinkel: Ida Hahn-Hahn. Royal Mail. Correspondence with Queen Marie of Saxony, Queen Amalie of Saxony and Archduchess Sophie of Austria . Mainz 2016, ISBN 978-3-945751-50-3 .
- Fritz Reuter Literature Berlin
|Maria Anna of Bavaria||
Queen of Saxony
|Carola von Wasa-Holstein-Gottorp|
|SURNAME||Amalie Auguste of Bavaria|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Amalie Auguste, Princess of Bavaria|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Queen of Saxony|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 13, 1801|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 8, 1877|
|Place of death||Dresden|