Auto AG Group
|Auto AG Holding
|Seat||Rothenburg , Switzerland|
|Number of employees||396 (2018)|
|sales||121.1 million CHF (2018)|
|Branch||Transport company, vehicle maintenance|
The Auto AG Group (officially Auto AG Holding ) was founded in 1918 as the automobile company Emmenbrücke-Münster . The company comprises several subsidiaries that are active in the field of sales and repair of commercial vehicles . Auto AG Rothenburg (AAGR) also belongs to the group, which operates several regional bus routes in the canton of Lucerne and the Emmen local bus.
On February 17, 1918, the Emmenbrücke - Münster automobile company was founded with its headquarters in Rothenburg. The purpose of the company should be to transport people, luggage and goods by automobiles.
In the 1927 annual report the company name was changed to Automobilgesellschaft Rothenburg and in 1928 to Auto A.-G. Rothenburg.
In 1948 the new garage in Beromünster was put into operation. The garage and workshop in Rothenburg were completely destroyed in a fire on February 1, 1950. At the same place a garage was built again, which was available in 1953.
In 1982 the subsidiary Autoro AG was founded, which was the official representative of the Datsun / Nissan brands . The last shares were sold in 1990.
On May 1, 1985, on the occasion of the general assembly of Auto AG Rothenburg , the new company building was put into operation. In 1993 the new parking halls and technical facilities were put into operation, and the offices followed in 1994.
In 1998 a holding organization was introduced by changing the name of Auto AG Rothenburg to Auto AG Holding , which includes the subsidiaries Auto AG Rothenburg, which is active in the field of public transport, Auto SA Ticino, as well as Auto AG Nutzfahrzeugcenter, which deal with deal with the sale, maintenance and repair of commercial vehicles.
On September 15, 1918, bus traffic on the Emmenbrücke - Münster (today Beromünster ) line began with two buses. From June 5, 1925, the courses of the Emmenbrücke - Münster automobile company were allowed to run to the Lucerne train station , but 50% of the gross income had to be given to the Lucerne tram .
On September 1, 1925, the Münster - Sursee bus line was put into operation by the company, but this line was transferred to another company on May 15, 1927.
On November 1, 1947, the AAGR began operating on the Lucerne - Emmen airfield bus route - later route 53. A few years later, on November 25, 1974, the new Emmen local bus went into operation under the license of the municipality of Emmen. Auto AG Rothenburg was commissioned to operate the Emmer bus company.
On March 9, 1992 new bus route 58 Eschenbach - Inwil - Gisikon - Root was put into operation by the AAGR. This line will be closed again on May 29, 1999, because the number of passengers left a lot to be desired.
In 2005 the concession for the Emmer bus network was transferred from the municipality to Auto AG Rothenburg. When the timetable changed on December 7, 2006, Auto AG Rothenburg began operating on line 54 from Waldibrücke station to Inwil. This was discontinued with the timetable change in December 2017 and replaced by the new line 111 Ebikon - Buchrain - Inwil - Waldibrücke operated by Rottal Auto AG .
In December 2010, the Emmer bus network was restructured, which was designed to better align the buses with the services offered by the Lucerne S-Bahn . The lines previously designated as E1 to E5 operated from this point in time as lines 41 to 45 in a star shape or via Sonnenplatz. In the same step, route 53 Lucerne - Emmen was adjusted so that the end point was now at the aircraft factory instead of in Rüeggisingen.
In December 2008, AAGR was able to take over the former vbl line 13, which was extended until the timetable change in December 2016 via Sprengi and Rothenburg to the Wahlingen industrial park. With the timetable change in 2016, the Emmer bus network was restructured again and the line branches from Emmenbrücke train station were relinked as lines 40 and 46. At the same time, line 53 Lucerne - Emmen Flugzeugwerke was discontinued.
Commercial vehicle repairs and commercial vehicle sales
Since 1920, the company's workshop has also been open to third-party vehicles for maintenance and repairs.
In 1971 AAGR was able to take over the agency for the truck manufacturer OM , followed by the Bedford brand in 1977.
AAGR (from 1998 Auto AG Nutzfahrzeugcenter) has been the local dealer for the Fiat brand since April 1997, and the subsidiary Auto SA Ticino, which sells Iveco vehicles in Ticino, was also founded in 1997. Auto AG Commercial Vehicle Center has also been selling the Iveco brand since 1999 . From 1999 to 2003, the Auto AG Buscenter, which was in Rothenburg, imported buses from the manufacturer Irisbus and sold them all over Switzerland.
Until 2004, Iveco and Fiat commercial vehicles were only sold in the cantons of Lucerne, Zug, Schwyz, Obwalden, Nidwalden, Uri and Ticino. Auto AG Centro, which was founded in 2003 and started operations in Bern in 2005, as well as Auto AG Oberland, which was taken over by the holding company in 2004, expanded the sales area to include the canton of Bern. In 2007, Auto AG Centro was renamed Auto AG Schönbühl, and at the same time the location was relocated to Schönbühl (BE).
From 1919 onwards, besides people, goods were also transported, for which two trucks were bought that year . The operation of trucks was stopped again in 1974.
Public transport (Auto AG Rothenburg)
- Lucerne train station - Beromünster - Menziken train station
- Rothenburg Dorf train station - Rain Dorf
- Rickenbach Lucerne train station - Beromünster -
Emmer bus companies:
- Littau Bahnhof - Emmenbrücke Bahnhof Süd - Flugzeugwerke - Waldibrücke
- Schönbühl - Emmenfeld - Emmenbrücke Bahnhof Süd - Littau Bahnhof
- Gersag train station - Lindenheim - Emmen Center Schönbühl -
- Bösfeld - Gersag train station - Lindenheim - Emmen Center
- Bösfeld - Gersag train station - Emmenfeld - aircraft factory
- Chörbli - Sprengi - Sonnenplatz - Bösfeld
- IKEA ) - Rothenburg - Emmenbrücke Bahnhof Süd Rothenburg Wahligen Nord (
- train station Luzern - Beromünster - Rickenbach - Menziken
- Matt bus Hergiswil : Bahnhof Hergiswil - Hergiswil Matt (on behalf of the Central Railway )
- School buses for the municipalities of Beromünster, Rain and Hildisrieden as well as to the Reussbühl canton school in the Lucerne district of Ruopigen
|Numbers||piece||Manufacturer||Type||Art||Years of construction||Remarks|
|13||Solaris||Urbino 18||articulated bus||2015
|No. 43–45 with roof lining|
|51-53||3||Iveco||Crossway LE||Solo bus||2017|
Former fleet (selection)
|Numbers||piece||Manufacturer||Type||Art||Years of construction||Remarks|
|27-32||6th||Scania / Hess||L94 UA||articulated bus||2005||Retired since April 2015|
|33-38||6th||Irisbus||Citelis 18||articulated bus||2008||Retired since April 2016|
|52-53||2||Iveco||CityClass||Solo bus||retired since 2010|
|54-57||4th||Howl||GX327||Solo bus||2009||Retired since January 2018|
|58||1||Volvo||7700 hybrid||Hybrid bus||2012||Leased for three years|
|71-80||10||Howl||GX127||Midibus||2009||Retired since January 2018|
The maintenance, repair of commercial vehicles, the sale of Iveco and Fiat commercial vehicles, as well as the storage of spare parts is the field of activity of the following subsidiaries of the Auto AG Group :
- Auto AG Commercial Vehicle Center , Rothenburg
- Auto SA Ticino , Mezzovico
- Auto AG Schönbühl , Urtenen-Schönbühl
- Auto AG Oberland , Uetendorf
- Auto AG Limmattal , Zurich
GESER Fahrzeugbau AG
In 2008 Auto AG Holding took over all shares in GESER Fahrzeugbau AG , which is based in Littau . This is active in the areas of construction, new construction as well as maintenance and repair of commercial vehicle superstructures. The GESER Fahrzeugbau AG continues to perform as an independent company.
- Entry of “Auto AG Holding” in the commercial register of the Canton of Lucerne ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Implementation of the Emmen bus concept (PDF) Lucerne Transport Association, 2010
- New vehicle fleet for Auto AG Rothenburg ( Memento of the original from June 18, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. News from December 12, 2017 on www.autoag.ch
- School bus courses 2018 (PDF) at www.autoag.ch
- Procurement of a 2nd batch of articulated buses ( memento of the original from July 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Auto AG Group, 6023 Rothenburg LU: New vehicle fleet for Auto AG Rothenburg . ( autoag.ch [accessed on June 18, 2018]). New vehicle fleet for Auto AG Rothenburg ( Memento of the original from June 18, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.